• USA, Couple, 25-30
Hotel Parc Even, Paris, France
8th Nov 2013

This hotel was perfectly fine. I absolutely loved Malakoff; it was a great area to walk, and just a 15 minute metro ride to central Paris. The room got a bit cold, as it's November with no way to turn on the heat. We booked a double room, and were originally put into a room with two twin beds shoved together, but the staff was helpful in switching rooms to a double bed. Overall a pretty good hotel for the money.

Camping Serenissima, Venice, Italy
1st Nov 2013

I was extremely happy with my stay at Camping Serenissima. My bus ride into Venice only took thirty minutes (although, I visited in the off-season, so that may play a part) and it was nice to leave the tourist bit behind and enjoy a small town. It's worth it to wander around Oriago Mira if you have an evening free- there are a few great restaurants there and it's just a short walk from the camp. The staff was very helpful with all of my questions about Venice, Padova, etc!

Dancehostel, Florence, Italy
7.1
29th Oct 2013

Hostel was perfectly fine to stay a few nights. Security was a bit lacking; there were two secure doors on the way in to the hostel, however once you were there the door to the actual room tended to stay unlocked. It was quite loud as there is a bar directly downstairs that is very popular, bring earplugs. I implore solo female travelers to find another hostel, as the owner is very, very friendly. This would be fine enough for couples, females traveling in groups or male travelers.

Cinque Terre Holidays, Cinque Terre, Italy
27th Oct 2013

I had a great experience at this hostel (which as said before, it's really more of an apartment). It's located on a main road in Riomaggiore, so it's easy to find after a small walk up the hill. The free washer in the apartment was a perk, as well as a full kitchen. The owner was friendly while checking me in and whenever I saw him. I would stay here again, certainly.

Sir Toby's Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
21st Sep 2013

I had five nights at Sir Toby's Hostel, and it was a great experience. The bar downstairs is great for meeting other hostelgoers. I quite liked the location of the hostel, as it was in a quiet area but with direct transport right outside the hostel to all of the sights. The staff was fantastic and always helpful and friendly. The only thing that left a bit to be desired was the restrooms- they look and feel unclean even when they've been cleaned, & the shower curtains were moldy on the bottom.