Reviews: Vagabond_Sue

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 54

Neptunes Town Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

I've stayed here 3 times this month, including the night after my HostelWorld booking since my flight was cancelled due to bad weather. I swear I'm not lying when I say last week a group of us (2 Germans, 3 Americans, an Irishman) sat around discussing how fabulous the showers are! Strong, hot, and the water sprays where it SHOULD! Not like some other hostels! This is also the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed in - cleaner than some B

Noisy bar downstairs but you should know that if you read the location description. The staff at 7:30 am was friendly. It's peaceful first thing! Nice coffee tea etc. LOTS of stairs and they are very narrow. The bathrooms very small. One at the mirror at a time. I had a room with a group of young Aussies and there didn't seem like a lot of room for bags. Only one electrical outlet in the sleeping room. The staff didn't know if there was a drug store nearby: it was 2 minute walk away!

Smart Russell Square

Showers REALLY ARE in basement! Shower heads spray water everywhere drenching it head whether u want 2 or not. Curtains around cot/bed; sink in my room, lockers below bed (not huge but big, pay to use/not a locker for your own lock); guard at front door checking your pass. Wifi unacceptably bad. I barely could check email while the guy next to me is streaming cartoons using all the bandwidth. It works in 2 main rooms, where as many as 75 people were lounging talking. Impossible to

Spire Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This is the onlsy hostel i've stayed in that had EXIT signs in the rooms, not in the halls. Not a big deal? It's incredibly bright to sleep in a room with that sign blinding us! I loved the staff - all were helpful and welcoming and very accomodating!

Neptunes Town Hostel

Killarney, Ireland

I loved this place! Welcoming staff, best I've seen as far as giving ideas of where to go/what to do. Helpful - helped me get a ride to Galway from another guest! The layout is nice - various lounges and tv rooms (some quiet, some more boisterous!), great area for cooking and eating, too. Only complaint is the smoking area outside the front door is too closer to the door, The lobby smells smokey some times.....

Tracey was amazing - friendly, helpful, a wonderful host! Like all of Cork, nothing is cheap. It's a great location - very close to train; about 15 minutes from coach station. The kitchen is small, so if lots of people want to cook you need to wait your turn. The rooms are quiet, the security is excellent.

I've stayed here a few times, and like it as a home base. It's in a quiet area and near the tube station - however I suggest you note on the website that the tube on the Jubilee line doesn't run early on weekends! I unexpectedly had to take a cab to the train for my 8:00 a.m. train. As it was my last exit I was down to no English money and it was a hassle. Just a suggestion for the next tourist!

Hello. thank you for your feedback. On weekends the London Underground has some timetable changes due to their upgrading plan, but we can provide that information at reception. Next time, we'll help you with that! See you soon.