America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I had stayed at Hippo earlier in the week and was disgusted. This is without question the best hostel that I stayed in near the center part of downtown Buenos Aires. Breakfast could be improved but overall friendly staff and good location for sight-seeing with plenty to do for a single traveler.

Hey there!! Thanks for your comments !! =)

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Worst hostel I had stayed at in Buenos. Their was a party here every other night it seemed like and you felt like a number going through the door. I moved to American del Sur later in the week and was warmly greeted and felt far more at home. If you want to party (which you can do anywhere in the world-go here). If you want to see the city of Buenos-go somewhere else.

Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I stayed here for one night and could not have been happier with my stay. I had come on the last day of World Youth Day and literally outside of the front door of Discovery Hostel a conclave of cardinals from the church were exiting out of black vehicles and entering into a side-door. Twenty minutes later-the pope made a guest appearance and waved to a group of about 100 people who just happened to be in the area. This story speaks to the incredible location of Discovery Hostel.

Biergarten Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

Real clean, fun spot where the owner will go out of his way to make your stay unique to you. I was a solo traveler staying here for a week and I found it quite easy to meet new people from all around the world in the bar adjacent to the hostel. Ilhia Grande is a must. Biergarten is a no brainer.

Hostel Manga Rosa

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

If you want to see the falls, this is a great place to stay. Prioritize what and where you want to spend your time while in Brazil. In my opinion Iguazu was far too built up by the travel books. The city itself is not the easiest to get to either. That said-come if it is a priority and stay here. Otherwise there are far more beautiful places in Brazil. The staff is incredible for the cards that have been dealt to them.

The LightHouse

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This was my first stay at a hostel and it far and away exceeded my expectations. There is no better place in the world than Rio and The Lighthouse is a good place to call home as you explore the city. If this is busy for whatever reason, Harmonia next door is just as good.