Reviews: madtotravel

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

David and Lily are very helpful receptionists! David invited me to his wedding and I went with the hostel staff. It was a very great surprise. They are very helpful to book for you. They also will help to fetch you a cab and negotiate a price with the driver.

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

I was really impressed with this hostel because it is the closest that I've felt to staying in a hotel. The place has great wifi, a great common space for striking up conversation, organized tours to make your journey simple, and great coffee! I suggest that everyone who goes to Xi'an stay here.

Ming Courtyard

Beijing, China

I loved the atmosphere at the Ming Courtyard. Make sure that you write down the directions to get there! It might seem scary getting there, but I thought of it as an adventure. I would definitely recommend people stay here if they want to get a taste of life in the Hutong and what seems to be a traditional Beijing experience!

Small World Guest House is good if you are looking to stay in a traditional type of Japanese Guest house. I found the quarters to be very cramped, poorly ventilated, noisy, and unclean. They did have excellent Wifi. It is easy enough to find. But it's a bit of a walk from the subway.

Capsule Inn Kinshichou

Tokyo, Japan

I think this is a great place to get a true capsule inn experience! The area is not very busy, but it is very close to Kinshichou station and the Skytree. I met some very great people at this hostel and was always given fresh towels and yukatas free of charge. This hostel's bathroom is basically a traditional public bath house with a traditional onsen feel. It is a great ice-breaker to Japanese onsen culture. I suggest it to everyone!