Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

I stayed at Everton hostel just for the football on the weekend. Its on the other side of the city centre, in a slightly dodgy side of town. Though if you're there just for the football at Anfield, its the best hostel to stay at as its only a 20 minute walk to the stadium. The beds were comfortable, theres a shower and toilet in the rooms, however there are no lockers which was annoying. There's a kitchen to cook your own food and a cosy little common room with a tv, books and an xbox.

I stayed at the Canal St Christopher's on both my stops to Paris on my trip. Both times were different on a few levels. The first time i stayed there was my first experience of a hostel in Europe and i found it welcoming and seemed to have a good vibe. The staff were excellent, always coming up to ask if you wanted anything; and i met a few people who i spent the rest of time in Paris with. The second time was slightly different. There was a different vibe; but it was still a good stay.

Hi, Thank so much for taking the time to get back to us. Your feedback is so important to us. We are happy to hear that you did enjoyed your stay with us on both occasion even though the second one was different and we hope you can tell us a little bit more on which level or area? We really want to be the best hostel we can be and are always looking to improve, so we genuinely will look forward to hearing your reply. Kind Regards, Your St Christopher’s Team Paris.

I only stayed here one night on my second stop in Paris. It is a very new hostel, only open for a few months so everything is brand new and clean which is good. The location is good as it is down the road from Gare du Nord station which is one of the main train stations in Paris. The staff were good, they let me use their phone to make a call for free which was nice. An overall good stay.

Stayed in Nice for 3 nights and booked this hostel as it was close to the beach. For the price I paid for my stay it was decent, but i expected more i guess. The lockers in the rooms were pretty small, i could only fit my small backpack in and had to leave my big backpack somewhere else in the room, there were not enough plugs in the room to charge your electronics and the shower curtain in my room was broken. Other than that, it was an alrite stay.

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

I only decided to go to Cinque Terre at the last minute, the night before so I was just lucky i found accommodation. Its located in Biassa, a 15 minute drive from the first village Riomaggiore. Theres a shuttle service which takes you to Riomaggiore from the hostel. The staff, contrary to other people's opinions were pretty good. The guy who i met on my first day was awesome, he gave me a free lift to Riomaggiore on my first day and helped me out with everything else. Overall a good stay.

PLUS Camping Jolly

Venice, Italy

This was the first time I had stayed in a camping village and it was an okay expreience. I stayed in a 3-bed bungalow, but the bungalows literally had no room! Could barely fit everyone's bags in, and the bed on top looked flimsy and dangerous. There's no lockers so you can't secure your stuff. The location was way out of Venice itself, even with the shuttle bus it can only pick you up at the time you pick. A different experience, but definitely prefer a hostel.

Hostel Colours

Milan, Italy

I stayed here for 5 nights during the weekend of the Italian F1 GP. For what I was in Milan for, the hostel was good just to rest after the days at the GP, though its not a hostel if you want to party or meet people. The location is a fair way out from the city centre, but theres a metro station near the hostel. The staff were okay, they didn't really know how to get to the GP which was annoying. Was an okay stay for the price i paid for.

Stayed here for 3 nights and qite enjoyed my stay. I stayed in a 6-bed dorm and the rooms were big with plenty of room to put your bags. The lockers were key card access which added extra security. There's a kitchen which is handy if you want to cook and the wi-fi worked in the rooms. Overall a good stay.

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Cesky Krumlov was one of my trip highlights and my stay at this hostel was just as good. Its only a small hostel, but had a cosy feel to it which was nice. The guy who worked there was quite eccentric but friendly. This was one of the few hostels i stayed at which had a kitchen, so i made the most of it and cooked both nights i stayed. The location was decent as well, right opposite a deli which served really nice croissants. Overall a very nice stay.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayed here for 3 nights after trying to book another hostel down the road. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hostel was when i first arrived. The reception area was very clean and had a funky feel to it with the different coloured chairs and sofas. Security was good with key access doors at the front entrance and to the rooms. Staff were excellent at giving you directions or any other questions you had and the breakfast was buffet-style which was nice. Overall a pleasantly nice stay.

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

Stayed here on two separate occasions in the space of 10 days... 4 nights then another night at the end of my trip. Was hesitant at staying at a hostel as I had never stayed in one, but I was pleasantly surprised by the end of the first night. Staff were great, rooms were clean, had lockers for your valuables (need to bring your own lock though) and it had a good vibe about it. I went back again for another night i loved it!