USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

By far the best hostel in SF! The staff are all helpful and welcoming, if you arrive too early they have a luggage checking service. Nightly activities are fun however are held in their beautiful basement so you aren't kept up at night which is nice. Free breakfast in the morning is great on a budget, and everything is kept very clean and is all very organized. I felt very secure while staying here however next time I would avoid booking anything on hostelworld to avoid those awful 'fees'.

Green Tortoise Backpackers

San Francisco, USA

I had mixed feelings while staying in this hostel. It is located on a street with a lot of bars so if you're staying there on a weekend be sure to pack earplugs. The atmosphere in general is a little cluttered and I felt a little overwhelmed by all the rules and information they had posted. Free breakfast in the morning is always good and the staff were decent enough. However there are not nearly enough bathrooms on every floor and I ended up waiting an hour to use the bathroom in the morning.

HI - San Francisco - Downtown

San Francisco, USA

I absolutely loved staying here! The activities every night are sure to keep you entertained especially on a budget! We stayed in a dorm and the people we met were very nice and I never worried about leaving my stuff around. The free breakfast is good when you're trying to budget your money in SF because believe me it goes fast. Beds were comfortable enough however it is located downtown so there tends to be a lot of noise. Unless you're a heavy sleeper like me, they provide earplugs downstairs.