13th Nov 2013

Lovely guesthouse, spotlessly clean and perfectly central to everything. As someone who usually asks lots of questions I really liked the map and explanation of where to go given to you when you first arrive. I stayed in the dorm room and loved having a single bed rather than a bunk bed. Thanks for all the baked goodies in the morning too, they were such a nice treat.

Long Hostel, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
26th Oct 2013

The staff at Long hostel are a dream - they really looked out for me and made sure I was safe every time I left the hostel (really important as a solo female traveller). Rooms are basic dorms but spotlessly clean and well laid out with plug sockets (multi-country), a shelf and a light at each bed. Good location to the bars and restaurants around the backpacker district, walking distance to most tourist attractions in the city. Would happily stay again!

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
22nd Oct 2013

Great hostel in the perfect location. Amazing atmosphere and open bar/pool area makes it really easy to socialise. Staff are a bit hit and miss, certainly not the most friendly, but you can book all your trips through them at the tour desk. Good on-site facilities - heard great things about their massages but I was disappointed with the facial I had, perhaps shop around a bit more for that one. Would have loved to have stayed in SR longer and would happily stay again here if I had the chance.

Me Mates Villa, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
19th Oct 2013

Moved here from Mad Monkey hostel and couldn't have been happier. The staff are amazing, Anna on reception in particular went out of her way to make sure I had a good stay. Round the corner from the palace, silver pagoda etc. Nice big wide beds that are made up for you every day and very clean bathroom with a good, powerful shower. Would highly recommend!

The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
6.3
15th Oct 2013

This hostel wasn't for me - I moved to another hostel after one night. Found the staff to be quite dismissive on arrival. Bedroom was right next to the bar and the door to the room wouldn't close properly. Staff did offer to move me to another room but the loud party atmosphere just wasn't my thing. However if that is your thing, I'm sure this place would be great for you.

Stables Lodge Backpackers, Napier, New Zealand
4.9
1st Oct 2013

Felt quite let down with this place given previous reviews. Not a 5min walk from isite like stated, more like 10 (makes a difference with a heavy case and getting early buses), reception closed when arrived at 1.30pm (fine, but a bit of warning would be nice), bed not made, carpet in my room really dirty, kitchen/lounge really tatty, lots of immature notes about putting away dishes (I think there were about 10 just above the sinks)...All in all I wouldn't stay again, only bonus was free wifi.

Nomads Capital Backpackers, Wellington, New Zealand
6.6
28th Sep 2013

Good points are the location and the rooms themselves. Couple of annoyances with this hostel that really let it down though: bathrooms never really seemed clean (the one on my floor had stains around it for days), not enough pots and pans in the kitchen - yes I know you get the free meal but sometimes it's nice to cook for yourself...also my key card stopped working on the morning I was leaving which was quite frustrating especially when I was in a rush to leave. Probably wouldn't stay again.

Thanks for leaving your feedback and I'm glad you were impressed with the location and our lovely rooms. I'm sorry you found the bathrooms unclean, we have a team that work throughout the day to make sure these are clean so I will check with them as to what has happened. I will also check on stock in the kitchen, we recently replaced a lot of the pans but I will ensure that there are plenty in there. I really hope you will change your mind and stay with us again. Nomads Capital Team

Rainbow Lodge Backpackers, Taupo, New Zealand
8.0
23rd Sep 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this little hostel. A bit tired around the edges but overall really relaxed with a nice atmosphere. Big kitchen and living room area were great, the staff here were the ones who really made it for me - so friendly and helpful. Free tea and filter coffee is an extra bonus and alone wide range of spices was a nice touch. Would happily stay again.

Thanks Emma, we'd love to have you come and stay again :-)

Blarneys Rock Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
20th Sep 2013

Loved my stay at this little hostel. Great staff and really nice inclusive, relaxed atmosphere. The layout made it really easy to talk to people as well as just chill out. Really clean and easy to navigate kitchen. Would happily stay here again!

LakeFront Backpackers Lodge, Lake Tekapo, New Zealand
7.1
14th Sep 2013

A great place to stay if you're travelling in a group and have a car. A little out of town for some but still a gorgeous location on the lake front, 5 min walk from the hot springs. Clean, comfy beds with a nice lake front view.

Adventure Queenstown Hostel, Queenstown, New Zealand
6th Sep 2013

Believe the hype on this hostel - one of the (if not the) best I've ever stayed. Intelligently laid out with better faculties than I'm sure you'll find in most hotels in the area (2 pillows! It's the small things when you're travelling...). Fab staff who make you feel incredibly welcome and involved. Perfect location in the heart of Queenstown - amazing views of the mountains from the balcony to match. You'll be pushed to find anywhere with a better atmosphere, cant recommend highly enough...

Central Backpackers Dunedin, Dunedin, New Zealand
7.4
4th Sep 2013

In spite of the percentage given, I actually really enjoyed my stay here. Security is very lax with no room key or fully functioning lockers (2 of the 4 that were in my room had no doors). However, the beds are incredibly comfortable and the location is excellent, right in the middle of town with a walking distance to the Cadbury Factory and Speights Brewery. The layout is well thought out and is great if you fancy an evening relaxing on the sofa for a few nights.

Budds In Surfers, Surfers Paradise, Australia
28th Aug 2013

Great little hostel a 10 min walk from surfers paradise. Really well organised with friendly staff who are more than happy to help. Small kitchen would be my only gripe but all in all I really enjoyed my stay here. Make sure you make the most of the little budds beach on the river - an idyllic little spot away from the crowds. Would recommend and stay again.

Home at The Mansion, Melbourne, Australia
7.7
21st Aug 2013

Overall a nice little hostel near to the CBD and Brunswick st bars and restaurants. Very clean, comfy beds and friendly staff. My only gripe was with the wifi - not an issue paying for it (typical across Australia) but do mind when it cuts out frequently, especially when trying to call home. Maybe have a look at improving this or at least tell people where the hotspots for the best signal are instead of saying you don't know...quite frustrating. Otherwise would recommend.

Bounce Sydney, Sydney, Australia
15th Aug 2013

Big, clean, new and perfectly located nearly Surrey hills next to central station. Great staff who were really helpful when we had some late night issues with a guy in our room. Kitchen is really easy to find around and is always clean. Roof space is extra bonus, just wish it had been warm enough to appreciate it more. Would stay again.