Ponsonby Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

This is my second favorite hostel in Auckland. Room are so spacious and clean. There are security locks and extra drawer in the room. Nice backyard. Staff is friendly. Bathroom is a little small. Only 5 minutes walk to Ponsonby Rd where you can shop, eat or hop on the bus to the Civic Center.

• 17th Jul 2013
  • Vietnam

Bamber House

Auckland, New Zealand

Best hostel in Auckland. Staff is very nice. I lost the key on the day I left but he didn't charge me for that. It was cold because there is only a small heater in the room so he gave me extra blanket. Shower is clean. Dorm is super clean and spacious which is what I like most. There are also drawers and lockers in the room for storage. The atmosphere is ok, not much of a party hostel. There are some long-term guests and they seem to keep it to themselves.

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Vietnam

Thank you for writing a review and providing good feedback. We're proud of our clean and friendly environment and work hard to make activities throughout the week that are inclusive of everybody. We're definitely not a party hostel but we have a great atmosphere none-the-less :-) Safe travels!