Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 32

Pinewood

Queenstown, New Zealand

A bit of a walk from town, but not too far by any means. Had a good stay here!

• 26th Jun 2014

Annie's Place

Alice Springs, Australia

Backpack Oz

Adelaide, Australia

Nice family run feel to this place. An older building but clean and well maintained, it seems. I had a great stay here!

• 27th May 2014

United Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

Great hostel. Large and busy, but clean and well organized. The only thing it needs is a more chilled out common area separate from the kitchen and movie room. Location is perfect, too!

• 15th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi Alex! Thanks for takig the time to review us and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm pleased to say we are working on the casement level which will have a funky bar, guest laundry and another more chilled out lounge just as you suggested! This is due to be complete by September and we can't wait! Hope to see you back here one day and in the meantime happy travels! Anna

@ The Little Red Dot

Singapore, Singapore

A good little hostel with cool "pod" style beds in the dorms. I quite liked it. Only downsides were the lack of A/C in a common area, and though it's not far from a metro station, it's not close to much else.

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

Close, but not too close, to Khaosan Road. Good if you want to spend a lot of time around there. Nice rooms and beds.

• 29th Mar 2014

Common Grounds Pai

Pai, Thailand

Great central Pai hostel with a chill, laid back atmosphere. Would definitely go again!

The amazing atmosphere and staff made this the BEST hostel I've stayed in, anywhere, period.

The Green Backpackers

Mitzpe Ramon, Israel

My favourite small hostel so far! Great location and AMAZING staff. Wish I could have stayed longer and I miss you all :)

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

A big hostel and a great one. Everything one could need!

• 27th Jan 2014

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location if you want to see the sights. Everything was clean and well organized. I had a good stay.

• 16th Jan 2014

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

Great spot close to the Acropolis and other Athens tourist sites. Good rooms and clean!

• 23rd Dec 2013

DanyHouse

Florence, Italy

I loved my stay here! Jonathan is the BEST host imaginable. The hostel is a small walk from the centre of town, and at times the Wifi was slow, but what a great little hostel! Would definitely go back in a heartbeat!

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Had a great stay here and honestly wasn't wanting for anything. It's clean, the wifi works well, and it's close enough to most stuff in Rome.

• 10th Dec 2013

Hostel Pearl

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Had a great stay here and ended up with a room to myself. I think the rooms are in separate buildings/apartments and I didn't notice any kind of common area, so it doesn't really feel like a hostel. Great wifi, nice beds and super close to the Old Town. Loved it!

• 19th Nov 2013

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Miran is THE BEST! He made my entire Mostar visit worthwhile. It's a small hostel but there's a great atmosphere, and do Miran's tour! It's great!

• 17th Nov 2013

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

A good smaller hostel with the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a long time. I wish every hostel had those beds!

• 14th Nov 2013

The House Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

The only downside to this place is the location is about a 25 minute walk from the centre of town, but it's a quick and easy tram ride. Everything else here was GREAT! Such a comfortable atmosphere!

• 11th Nov 2013

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Huge hostel with a bit of a party atmosphere without being crazy. Nice and cheap for what is offered, and a good location close to a lot of bars and clubs.

The typical Wombats experience! Reliably good in all areas.

• 31st Oct 2013

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

A great hostel chain and always reliable. WiFi is slow at times, but everything else is excellent.

• 27th Oct 2013

Pegasus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

It gets the job done, and really, it's super cheap so you can't expect much. Beds aren't very comfortable, especially the linen. WiFi is slow, unless you pay for faster access. Building is old and run down, but they do keep things clean. It's also close to a bunch of clubs if you're into that.

• 26th Oct 2013

U inn Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A great little hostel with everything you'd need. I found the beds to be especially comfortable. I would definitely stay again!

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Definitely a great hostel for a large corporate hostel. The atmosphere was good however and it's easy to meet others. Be aware that activity in the onsite bar can continue well into the night (1-2am). The free breakfast is GREAT! This is a relatively new hostel, so I was surprised to already see some moisture damage in the shower room and to hear that the Women's showers on my floor didn't have hot water.

• 14th Oct 2013

Antares Hostel

Nice, France

A great hostel that has a shared kitchen and outdoor area with another hostel behind it, so there is a lot of opportunity to meet people which was great! The free champagne nights are fun. The kitchen is a bit cramped but workable, and the WiFi is strong almost everywhere. Some of the staff are disinterested, however. I saw one Man come in asking for a bed only to be told they were full, but I was the only person in a 4 bed dorm that night.

The Hipstel

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel! The only downside is that the toilets and showers are a bit small, but everything else was fantastic. I especially loved the dinners made by the staff each night. Affordable and good! I would stay again.

Dear Alexander, we just saw your good review! Thank you so much for your kind words! Your enthusiasm encourages us to keep on the same track! We are honored of being part of your unforgettable experience in Barcelona. We hope you are considering coming back soon and therefore, we want to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay! We wish to see you soon! Barcelona will stay right Where you left it ;-) Sincerely, Luisa from The Hipstel Staff

Carlisle City Hostel

Carlisle, England

This is a great little hostel! It was perfect for my one night stay, and it's easy to walk around Carlisle from the hostel's location. The sign by the door is very small and I missed it the first time by, so be extra aware when trying to find the place. Also, lots of stairs to a couple of the rooms. No big deal but anyone with issues climbing stairs will want to know about it.

• 18th Sep 2013

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

My favourite hostel so far! There are lots of people here, but the atmosphere is great, the staff is fun, super friendly, and everything is well organized. It's in a great location as well. Highly recommended!

• 15th Sep 2013

Stirling Youth Hostel

Stirling, Scotland

• 14th Sep 2013

Backpackers Plus

Oban, Scotland

This is a pretty typical hostel, but these days it feels a bit old fashioned. All rooms are gender segregated so couples are split up, and there is no Wifi at all. It's clean, with decent rooms and a good kitchen, and lots of space.

Thanks for noticing our well equipped kitchen and high level of cleanliness - we try very hard to please! Just for the record there are plenty of mixed dorms. Women – who often prefer not to be mixed with men, always have the option of a female only dorm but it’s not compulsory! We also have private/family rooms if couples don't want to share a dorm. Also, we do have internet - free, powerful WiFi everywhere in our buildings, plus free computers.

A great location if you want to be close to the university, obviously, but a bit of a walk from the centre of town. It's what you'd expect from staying in student housing, and I honestly can't complain about anything there. It's a good spot!

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

This place is above a bar, and I expected more noise, but it was definitely quiet enough to sleep. Things are a bit old, but stuff works and is reasonably clean. Nice showers! Also, the rooms are very small, without much space to move around between the beds. It could benefit from some personal lockers, but the staff will lock up anything too valuable to keep with you. A fun crowd while I was there, so I enjoyed my stay a lot!

• 28th Aug 2013

Sleepzone

Galway, Ireland

This is a great hostel. A typical experience but a good one. It was very busy, with good energy, and lots of people to talk to. Everything works great and is clean, and the staff is very helpful. Would definitely go back!

• 25th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the review. Yep, it's a nice busy hostel with a good vibe...we look forward to seeing you again at sometime in the future.

Mount Eccles Court

Dublin, Ireland

A fairly typical hostel, but a bit away from the centre of town in Dublin. Older building, and some of the showers and toilets could use more cleaning, or some new flooring. The beds weren't that comfortable, but they'll do. It was quiet, which is nice.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Hoax Hostel

Liverpool, England

Loved this place! New, clean, with a great attached restaurant/bar, nice beds, large lockers in the rooms. Best hostel I've stayed at so far. The only downside is that some of the rooms have windows across the street from some loud bars and clubs, so keep that in mind.

• 20th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hey Alexander thanks for the review. Next time you stay with us we'll throw in a Beer and some Hoax earplugs. Thanks for spreading the love all the way from Canada!

Smart Russell Square

A very typical hostel experience. An older building that needs some work, and very busy with a lot of young travellers. Wi-Fi only in the common area and even then it can be tough to get a connection throughout the whole room. Good security if you pay for your own locker, and the place is kept pretty clean. The location is great!

• 15th Aug 2013