Discovery Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

One of the best hostels I stayed in during my Brazilian travels! Zion and the team were warm, friendly and very helpful - they knew the best places to go for a night out and helped me sort out a problem with my flights. Great patio area, kitchen facilities and very comfy beds! Less than 10 mins walk to Santa Teresa and 2 min walk to Gloria Metro. I had one night here as it was my last in Brazil, but I would definitely return next time!

Hostel Black and White

Morro de Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great memories of Morro de Sao Paulo, thanks to Hostel Black & White and all the staff! A fun atmosphere with multi-coloured walls, outdoor hammocks and on site bar. Good position along the coast, close to the beautiful fourth beach and livelier second beach. The communal kitchen was basic, but we enjoyed the varied breakfast and helpful advice from staff about transport options and where to visit next. The hostel was great for us as solo travellers, but would be ideal for bigger groups too.

• 25th Aug 2013

One of the best hostels we stayed in during our time in Brazil! Amazing location and warm, friendly atmosphere with a young international crowd. View of the sea from our dormitory and we enjoyed a big breakfast looking out across the beach. Staff were helpful with info on local places to visit and I enjoyed the happy hour caipirinhas in the hostel bar! Would definitely return if we come back to Buzios...

• 10th Aug 2013

Hostel Manga Rosa

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

We had a very enjoyable and memorable time with Joe and Giselli, who were warm and welcoming hosts for our stay. They were so helpful with advice on how best to visit Iguacu Falls and Giselli gave us a lift over the Argentinian border to the national park. A family atmosphere, with comfy beds and warm showers. We enjoyed Joe's home-cooked food and the chilled out patio garden!

• 31st Jul 2013

Bossa Nova Hostel

Paraty, Brazil

We enjoyed a warm friendly atmosphere during our stay here. Alan and the team made us feel right at home and were very helpful in suggesting things to do in Paraty, as well as transport options. Comfy beds, with mosquito nets and good security. I enjoyed watching Brazilian films on the big projector screen! More of a 'pousada' than a hostel, with longer staying guests rather than travellers. But we enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and good company!

• 24th Jul 2013

Dear guest, thanks s lot for your sweet review. It was a pleasure for us as well. Just to clarify, our public is 90% backpackers - singles and couples - but when you were here at the low season the packpackers werent coming so much. Its why you can be missed some backpackers over here. Thank you again.