Kounsavan Guest House, Luang Prabang, Laos
28th Nov 2014

Great place to meet people and breakfast included in really good. The staff are very helpful and the place is clean. I stayed in a four bed dorm which is a little small but ok just for sleeping in, there is a big common area to hang out in. Also booked the waterfall trip with the hostel and had a great time.

Valentine Hotel, Hue, Vietnam
13th Nov 2014

Lovely comfortable hotel close by to restaurants but in a quiet area. They let me check in early and I booked a tour through them. Staff are very friendly and cheerful. Lots of choice for breakfast too.

Sac Lo Homestay and Hostel, Hoi An, Vietnam
13th Nov 2014

Lovely hostel in Hoi An, it's clean and comfortable and the staff are very cheerful. It's about 30 minutes walk to the old town centre but they have enough bikes for everyone to use. Good breakfast too.

Austria's Place, El Nido, Philippines
2nd Nov 2014

Nice place in good location. I booked a dorm room on hostelworld but when I arrived they don't have a dorm room so gave me a single room for the same price. Helpful staff and good buffet breakfast included.

Sheebang Hostel, Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
1st Nov 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Sheebang hostel, and returned for another night after going to El Nido. The staff are wonderful, and helpful. The dorm rooms and bathrooms were very clean with lockers provided. The best thing is the bar and restaurant, you can meet other travellers and there are always staff there to entertain you. Highly recommended.

Bohol Coco Farm, Panglao Island, Philippines
28th Oct 2014

A great experience to stay at coco farm. Highly recommend. The staff are great and the restaurant serves delicious food... Try the coconut noodles.

Our Melting Pot, Manila, Philippines
20th Oct 2014

Great hostel in Makati, great breakfast... Twice a week they serve delicious pancakes and eggs, other mornings are good too. Organise a free tour of the old, which was really fun. Recommended hostel in a safe part of the city. Also close to shopping malls and a night market with a live band each night across the road.

Formosa Backpackers Hostel, Hualien, Taiwan
11th Oct 2014

Close to night market and train station, good place to meet other travellers and friendly, helpful staff. Would stay here again.

Taipei City Home, Taipei, Taiwan
10th Oct 2014

A home away from home. I stayed here for 6 nights in the female dorm room. Chunky is a fantastic host, always there to help you and go through the map with you to give you advice on where to go. Breakfast is simple and good, you have access to the kitchen anytime. Good living room to relax in too, with a TV. Highly recommended and I will stay there on my next visit to Taipei. Very close to main station which is useful when exploring the city.

In Da Lodge, Ubud, Indonesia
4th Oct 2014

I stayed for 3 nights, but was unexpectantly moved rooms after my first night. It's a good place to meet people and they have a bar/cafe. However I was concerned about the cleanliness of my sheets, but luckily I had my own sleeping liner. Cheap place to stay though for solo traveller.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
7th Sep 2014

Loved staying here. I had originally booked for 1 night but stayed for 3. First night in a four bed dorm and the next in a six bed dorm. Very comfortable and spacious. Clean and lovely showers. Breakfast included was great including cereals, fruit, toast and spreads. A great common area to meet people. And location was great. I would stay here again when I return to KL.

Roommates Penang, Penang, Malaysia
2nd Sep 2014

I stayed in the female dorm, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and organised my onward travel to the Cameron highlands. Good location to hawker stalls, convenience shops and cafes in Georgetown. Also good breakfast and use of washing machine.

HI-Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand
31st Aug 2014

Great location to skytrain, and a wonderful food market at night on your doorstep. Friendly, helpful staff and overall a comfortable stay for one night before our next journey.

Seoulbackpackers Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
29th Mar 2014

My mother and I enjoyed our stay at Seoulbackpackers Guesthouse. It was very clean and the staff were friendly. We liked the location, as it is very close to Namdaemun market. They provided complimentary shampoo, soap, tea and coffee, and towels are included. This was my second stay here, I highly reccomend it and would stay here again.

Backpacker's Home, Jeju Island, South Korea
23rd Mar 2014

A fantastic hostel to stay at on Jeju Island. I stayed here with my Mum for 1 night in a female dorm room. The staff are very friendly and helped us straight away locate the places we wanted to visit in the area. We joined the 'all you can eat pork BBQ night', and had a lovely time meeting other guests. Also the breakfast the next morning was a great addition. Overall a brilliant stay...highly reccommended!

31st Jan 2014

This is a great hostel in Nagasaki, the staff were very friendly and helpful. I stayed in a mixed dorm room, the bed was comfortable. The location was also very good, Nagasaki is an easy city to walk around. I only stayed for 1 night, but I would stay here again.

Fukuoka Hana Hostel, Fukuoka City, Japan
30th Jan 2014

This is a great hostel in Fukuoka, I stayed for 2 nights. I stayed on the ground floor in a female dorm room. The beds are comfortable and you have a curtain for privacy and a light. It was very clean and had kitchen facilities which you could use. The location is really good, I walked about 15 minutes from the station, and is right next to Canal City. Also very friendly staff, I would definitely stay here again.

Check Inn HK, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
29th Dec 2013

I had a great stay at Check Inn hostel. I had to check-in late (3am) and even though they don't have receptionists at this time they gave me detailed instructions of how to enter the building and find my bed. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the hostel was very clean. I really liked the location, walking distance to Wan Chai station. I would definitely say here again next time I visit HK.

Khaosan Seoul Insadong, Seoul, South Korea
4th Oct 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. It has a new owner, who is very helpful and gave us recommendations of things to do and see. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would suggest that they provide sheets as well as the throw on the bed, and would have liked a hairdryer. Otherwise a great hostel, in a great location. Communal area too was very good with free breakfast. I would recommend this hostel, and would stay here again!

19th Sep 2013

Stayed in Khaosan Kyoto Guest House for 3 nights, 2 nights in a private room and 1 night in a dorm room. Fantastic hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the shared bathrooms plentiful and very clean. There is lots of information in the lobby area, on where to eat, what to do and maps of the area. I would definitely stay here again, the location was great. Highly recommend!

Busan Pobi Guesthouse, Busan, South Korea
18th Sep 2013

This is a fantastic hostel located 1 minute walking distance to Haeundae beach and Haeundae market. I would highly recommend staying at this hostel, the staff were very friendly, facilities clean and comfortable. Also the free breakfast is a great addition. I would definitely stay here again!

28th Jul 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Shinjuku City Hotel N.U.T.S Tokyo. The staff were very friendly and kept our bags before we could check in. The hotel is in a great location, walking distance to Shinjuku station, but in a quieter area with some lovely restaurants around. The room was comfortable, with good air conditioning, which we needed as it was very hot in japan during our stay. Also we thought it was great value for money.