Orange Village Hostel

San Francisco, USA

Nice play to stay, great location in the heart of San Fran although, if you turn left out of the hostel it gets progressively rougher as you continue. The bed I had was horrific, the most uncomfortable nights sleep I've ever had could feel the metal bars beneath the mattress. Facilities are great, washing machines, common room, kitchen etc

• 30th Oct 2013

Chinatown Travelers Home

Toronto, Canada

What else can you expect from a room that cost $25 a night?! I mean it wasn't spotless, or brilliantly equipped but it was placed perfectly in Toronto. The staff member felt like all she wanted was our money, showed us our room and walked off with the cash in hand. 3 single beds for 3 lads on a budget 4 week travelling holiday, no complaints really. Just don't be expecting miracles from this place, wouldn't go again it was an experience none the less...

• 18th Oct 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is excellent with this hostel/inn however there are numerous issues we encountered on our stay. The staff member we dealt with at the start of our stay was great, helpful etc. The worst came when we saw our room, a dingy, musty, disgusting room in a shared apartment type building. It was dreadful. The house had a door key for the front door and the apartment door but no key for our separate rooms which was worrying! I wouldn't stay again, old fashioned and smelt!

• 16th Oct 2013

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

Absolutely loved staying here with my mates while we're staying in America. New York started our 4 week adventure off, the budget inn was brilliant. Location is second to none! Same street as Empire State and located on a really busy and vibrant strip of bars. We just wanted a room to set up camp to go out and enjoy the city, we got exactly this. Room was cleaned and beds made each day, shared showers and toilets a are little annoying when getting ready in peak hours, but overall excellent!

• 9th Oct 2013