Galeazzi - Basily B&B

Ushuaia, Argentina

I loved Galeazzi B&B. The owner, Alejandro, was very nice and the B&B really felt like being at home. I wish I would have stayed here the other night I had to spend in Ushuaia. The location is a bit out of town, but not so far as to be a problem, it was about a 7-10 minute walk to be on the main street. The three dogs here are very friendly as well. I can't stress enough how it really felt like being at my own mom's house.

Eco Pampa Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This was a great stay, we arrived earlier than the check-in time, and the manager said the room was ready. When we got to the room there were no sheets on the bed. The other staff member came and made up the bed and said to apologize the manager was giving us two free beers! It was not a problem to us at all about the bed, but the gesture was very nice. Also the location puts Eco Pampa only about 10 minutes away from all the action!

Ciudad Vieja Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

The location really pulls this hostel out of completely average to above average. It is located a half block from a beautiful square with some restaurants and bars and a pedestrian walkway which is replete with street vendors, lots of fun to walk around and look at the wares being hawked. The hostel is also very close to Mercado del Puerto which has the best meat I've ever had.

Pocitos Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

I stay at hostels to save money on accommodation so that I can spend more money on the other parts of my vacations. That being said, this was the least pleasant room I've had. It was a double bed in the basement with the overwhelming smell of mold. I arrived later at night, so didn't want to bother trying to find another hostel, but probably would have if I had had more time. The bathroom was clean and the showers good, but the room was severely disappointing.

Orquidea Real Hostal

Cusco, Peru

Orquidea was a fine place to stay. The room we had didn't have cold water, which doesn't sound like a problem, but when all you have is hot water shower, it scalds! They were very accommodating though and let us use another unoccupied room's shower. The check out time is absurdly early at 9:30, we were sick from food poisoning and the front desk person let us stay until 11am, which was great.

Pisko & Soul

Cusco, Peru

Pisko & Soul was a great place, clean rooms, a bar of soap with your towel, it was great. The front desk guy, Eduardo, was great and super helpful.

Hostal Tuyasto

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Tuyasto was a great stay. The location is not great if you are looking to be in the middle of the action on Caracoles street, but it's still only about a 5-10 minute walk to the main drag. Juan Pablo was great and helped get tours organized for us at the last minute which was super helpful. The kitchen was a bit small, but the outdoor/common area (where all the rooms faced) was great for relaxing. We even got little parting gifts (bags with drawstrings with the Tuyasto patch)!

Hostal El Refugio

Pucon, Chile

Hostel El Refugio was excellent. We took an overnight bus and arrived in Pucón in the morning, LonelyPlanet had the wrong address for the hostel, but we found it about a block away, right next to the Vipu-Ray bus terminal. Don't let that scare you, the buses are small and stop running at about 9pm. The hostel staff was excellent, upon arrival we were greeted warmly and shown the hostel facilities. They were wonderful in helping organize tours as well, we had a great time and would love to return