• Canada, Female, 25-30
HI San Francisco - City Center, San Francisco, USA
3rd Aug 2016

My friend and I really liked this place, whoever decorated the lobby area can come to my house any day, awesome style and the vibe was great. The bar was really great as well, $4 beer and wine, cozy space. And the kitchen was awesome, huge and no issues getting food and cleaning up. The dorm we stayed in was good too, bathroom was nice and the house keeping ladies did a great job. Would stay here again, only thing is that it's right near the part of DT where a lot of homeless people are.

Thanks for the kind words about our hostel! I'll be sure to pass along the compliments to Anthony (who decorated the lobby) and our housekeeping staff. The neighborhood does have a lot of homeless people, which is why we work closely with a local non-profit called Glide that helps support our local homeless population! Happy Travels :) Mellice - Assistant General Manager

13th Nov 2014

My friend Sonja and I stayed here for a couple nights,and had the best time. The staff were amazing,the owner,Yoshi was the best dude.And his friends who we met and partied with were the best. The rooms are tight but the beds were really comfortable, the showers (coin showers) were nice, and the living room area with the heated Kotasu was awesomeeee. There was food that Yoshi would cooked up for everyone for really cheap. Locations was good and close to the train station, would stay here again!

Hotel Chuo, Osaka, Japan
6.9
8th Nov 2014

Hotel was in a convenient location to jr line and subway. Place was run down but provided free coffee, tea and a water jug to refill your bottles. Cheap vending machines. Bathrooms I foubd were really dirty, 2 nights in a row I noticed the same pieces of garbage on the floor; so in my mind the floors had not been swept or cleaned. You pretty much get what you for paid for, good budget hotel though, and a decent place to sleep and keep your luggage. Wouldn't mind staying here again.

2nd Nov 2014

Place was located near Gion district which was a lot of fun! Good vibes and a lot to do and see; a lot of good bars and clubs. Went to an awesome bar called "Open me up", and went to a restaurant where we ate some horse meat. Was delicious! Was close to a couple different train stations which made it easy. Was a bit of a walk from the Shijo station but didn't mind too much, since it was easy as pie to get to everywhere else from there. Ps. ¥270 beer vending machine near by.WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN

29th Oct 2014

This hostel was awesome, I will definitely stay here again the next time I visit Tokyo. Everything down to the bathroom was great, the staff were amazing and super helpful, best ¥270 beer dispenser in the kitchen area, everything looked new and was neat and tidy, lovely little bar in tv room, met some awesome people here. Thank a lot for the awesome time!

Homeikan, Tokyo, Japan
26th Oct 2014

Really nice, traditional looking place. Never had the food there but the staff were awesome, the rooms were quite nice, cozy, and cute. And the private bath was quite lovely. The pond in the back where you could smoke was really tranquil and every enjoyed sitting out there. And it wasn't too difficult to get to places on the train, it was a 5-6 minute walk to Kagusa station, so transportation wasn't to bad. I would stay here again for sure.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
30th Sep 2013

This hostels was really cool, great location, very short walk to the Royal Mile and Edinburgh Castle etc. staff were helpful and the rooms were big, and the bed was very comfortable.bar was big and cheap as well! And had a really neat quiet area with the floor littered with pillows and bean bag chairs, very chill. Would stay here again.

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
28th Sep 2013

Had a really good time here, bed was really comfortable, the bar was great inside the place. And it was very central to everything, which I really liked. Good walking distance to everything, including the train and bus stations. Would stay here again.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
25th Sep 2013

Liked the hostel, very cozy and homely. Would stay here again.

Four Courts Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
23rd Sep 2013

Was a good hostel, I enjoyed my stay here. Great location right near the temple bar area with all bars and clubs. And only a 20-25 minute walk to the train station. Would most likely stay at this hostels again.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel, Galway, Ireland
21st Sep 2013

Really liked this hostel, staff was great, helpful, and the location, kitchen, and rooms were good. Would stay here again. Only thing is the doors to the rooms didn't shut probably unless you slammed it behind you. Just to be sure it was closed all the way. A girl I met at the hostel had her entire room rummaged through. Her and all her roommates had money and belongings stolen. Only piece of advice to give!

Hey Laura, Cheers for the review! I think there may have been a miscommunication when that girl you met told you this. An incident like this has never happened in our hostel. In fact, we have a higher rating for security than any other hostel in Galway. She must have been talking about what happened at her previous hostel. I'm sure it was just a genuine mistake. I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and hopefully we'll see you again soon :-) Frank

Smart Place Gare du Nord, Paris, France
16th Sep 2013

Awesome hostel, everything I could of wanted and more. Nd so much fun here, prime location, staff, and facilities, will definitely stay here again!

Brussels Hello Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
7.7
13th Sep 2013

My time spent at this hostel, I was battling a very nasty chest infection, I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm, and actually had a top loft area with the bed next to me empty. So that was very nice, the hostels was very relaxed, the bar was awesome, very social( especially on the Friday night, lights and DJ, very night club) cheap, and spacious. Everything was fairly average in the sense of classic and not so modern, but perfect in my opinion, would stay here again. And also super easy to get to.

Boomerang Hostel, Antwerp, Belgium
12th Sep 2013

This was actually one of the coolest, best hostels i have stayed in. Sure it wasn't up to date like a generator hostel, for example. But the authentic and old look was awesome, made me feel right at home, and was super cozy. The people that ran if were sweet as well, and super polite. I only had to stay for one day unfortunately, but I will definitely be going back to this place when I return to Antwerpen.

Hostel Van Gogh, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8th Sep 2013

Really close to everything, easy to get to and from central station, would stay here again.

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
5th Sep 2013

2 seconds away from central train station, really nice bar with cheap drinks, too bad it closed so early. Rooms were nice except showers in room I stayed in were impossibly small and tight, even a little prison would of had some trouble. Other then that liked everything, and would most likely return.

Archi Rossi Hostel, Florence, Italy
12th Aug 2013

Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed in, the location was ideal because it was literally a 5 minutes walk from the train station, plus I got a reasonably cheap room. Will try this place first the next time I'm in Florence.

Freedom Traveller, Rome, Italy
8th Aug 2013

Place was awesome, minus the lock out, but close to the main train station (Roma termini) and close to major. Attractions. Would stay at this place again.

Hostel Pisa, Pisa, Italy
4th Aug 2013

Was really quiet and relaxing, which was just what I was looking for during my time in Pisa. It was super close to the train station which is also important for me, especially because I have such a large backpack and additional bags with me while travelling. The owner of the place was soo cool, and really friendly, one night at the BBQ he was handing out glasses of sparkling wine and lemon cello for everyone, and offering watermelon etc. Only thing I didn't like, were the bathrooms. Not enough.

Czech Inn, Prague, Czech Republic
17th Jul 2013

Was. Really nice place, would definitely stay there again, and recommend it to a friend, had a really good experience here.