Traveller's Haven

Bled, Slovenia

This hostel definitely needs some TLC, the bathrooms aren't the nicest but saying that the room was comfortable, the sheets were clean and the kitchen area is a decent size. It's right next to the supermarket and the staff were brilliant at helping me organise my stay including hiring a bike and my airport transfer. There aren't really lockers, just little safes that I had no idea how to use! Most people do keep the rooms locked during the day though so it's relatively safe. Good atmosphere too!

• 29th Aug 2015

The Lazy Monkey Hostel

Zadar, Croatia

This hostel is brilliant for chilling out in! I felt so relaxed and comfortable here, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking to unwind. It's not a party hostel but the atmosphere is still great. It's pretty near the beach, and is a short walk from the bus station but is quite far from the old town so keep this in mind. To be honest, if you're backpacking you're better off here than taking the long walk in to town with all your stuff! Loved this place, I'd definitely to stay again.

• 27th Aug 2015

Apinelo Hostel

Split, Croatia

This hostel has no atmosphere whatsoever. The kitchen area is tiny so isn't great for socialising or hanging out in. Bathrooms were also tiny and the girl's toilet was a squish so keep this in mind if you have long legs! The hostel is located near to the bus station and port and has a supermarket next door, so is convenient. The dorms are also quite big and the lockers are huge. A good hostel if you're just looking for somewhere to sleep. They really need to sort out the lumpy pillows though!!

• 24th Aug 2015

Villa Divine

Dubrovnik, Croatia

This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Staff were amazing, gave such a brilliant welcome introduction and the 8pm treats were awesome! I never expected champagne and fruit kebabs at a hostel! Whilst the hostel is a bit tricky to find and a short bus journey away from the centre, it's very convenient for the port and has a fantastic view. I really enjoyed my stay here and would definitely stay again. My only critique would be that it would be useful to have lockers in the rooms.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Hostel Gastama

Lille, France

I loved this hostel! It's not too far from the main centre and is located on a quiet street so there was no street noise to my room. Under bed lockers and curtains on beds were great, rooms were spacious and the Internet works pretty well unlike other hostels! The staff were really friendly and helpful. The kitchen was great but could do with some more sharp knives. This was my last hostel on my Europe trip and was probably the nicest and most comfortable hostel I stayed in.

• 28th Sep 2013
  • Scotland

This place is fine for one or two nights but not any longer. The common area is a bar that is open to the public and the only means of eating an evening meal is buying a pizza from the bar or using the microwave to cook whatever you can find in the local supermarket. There are no bins in the bar and if you want cutlery or water you'll have to ask. The under bed lockers and curtains at the beds are good but really anti social. It claims to have a laundry but it's a laundrette on the same street.

• 25th Sep 2013

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I ended ip in the girl only building down the road from the hello hostel which was a bit inconvenient but it was nice. The bathrooms definitely need better lighting and both the kitchens in the main building and girl building need more utensils. The common area in the main building is really good and the free breakfast was great. The area isn't great but it's right next to the metro so it's not a problem. I'd probably stay here again.

• 23rd Sep 2013

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

This hostel is a youth hostel in every sense, eg shouting teens running through the corridors late at night and early in the morning. Showers were barely warm, possibly the worst shower I've had in Europe. On the positive side the hostel is located in the Bock Casements which is worth a walk around. I had a chicken dinner from the hostel restaurant and oh my goodness it was amazing! The staff in the restaurant were very friendly and service was great, I can't say the same for the reception staff

• 19th Sep 2013

Zebra Hostel

Milan, Italy

DO NOT STAY HERE THIS PLACE HAS BED BUGS! I stayed here for 2 nights in 2 different beds in 2 different rooms and was bitten badly both nights. The whole hostel isn't particularly clean so it's no surprise there were bed bugs. I was given a part refund but no apology and he even admitted that the last outbreak was 2 months ago, surely the cleaners should be checking for this properly! This place is expensive too but that's to be expected in Milan.

• 16th Sep 2013

Zebra Hostel

Milan, Italy

I got bitten by bed bugs, this place isn't clean.

• 15th Sep 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

This place is more like a hotel than a hostel so lacked the atmosphere that hostels have. Air con in the room was really good, as were the shutters. My room had a separate toilet and shower which was really handy. It's on quite a noisy street but Florence is so compact that I think you'd find it difficult to find anywhere quiet in the centre of town.

• 4th Sep 2013

Bled Hostel

Bled, Slovenia

This hostel lacked atmosphere but was a nice enough place to spend a couple of nights. There was only one bathroom to share between 14 people with no separate toilet which wasn't the best. Good kitchen but the layout is bizarre and there aren't enough seats. I didn't realise the kitchen was locked when staff weren't there which meant I had to leave in the morning with no breakfast. Staff were very friendly and helpful and a major bonus is the use of the washing machine for free!

• 2nd Sep 2013

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Great hostel for those traveling alone, the common area makes it really easy to speak to people. The kitchen could be better equipped as there wasn't a lot of choice in utensils but I still managed to cook a meal. The fan in the ten bed wasn't great so we had to open the window on to the noisy street which wasn't the best. I definitely enjoyed my stay though and the staff were more than happy to give advice and chat!

• 31st Aug 2013

Funk Lounge

Zagreb, Croatia

The staff here are incredibly polite, friendly and helpful. On arrival I was given a map and talked through the self-guided walking tours marked on the map. I did them and had a great day, definitely a good way to see Zagreb. The common room area was quite small so I found it difficult to meet people as everyone must have been chilling in their rooms. The restaurant was pretty good too.

• 29th Aug 2013

Suite Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

This hostel is really quirky and was great for me as a single traveller to meet people around the kitchen table! I really enjoyed my stay here but I had a couple of complaints. The room I was staying in needed a deep clean, ripped linen, cobwebs everywhere and left belongings of previous travellers. Bathroom needs some TLC, shower head wasn't on the wall, more cobwebs and dirty bath tiles. I also found the PDA of staff a bit uncomfortable but they were always really friendly and helpful.

• 25th Aug 2013

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

This place is right beside the main train station and is about a 20 minutes walk from the old town. It was pretty quiet when I was there so the atmosphere was a bit flat but the bar in the back garden was cool. The beds were rickety and the place could do with a bit of tlc but I enjoyed my stay!

• 23rd Aug 2013
  • Scotland

Thanks for your comment, we hope to see you here again :)

This hostel is right beside the westbahnhof but is a bit of a walk in to the main centre. The wombar was a great place for meeting people and the lounge area was great for chilling out. It wasn't as impersonal as other big hostels I've been in. I'd stay there again.

• 20th Aug 2013

Muffin Hostel

Salzburg, Austria

I found staying in this hostel quite frustrating. I needed the Internet urgently and it wouldn't work at all. The key system is strange, only one key per room and whenever you leave the room you have to take the key to the reception (and wait for ages to give it to someone), then when collecting it you just say your room number, anyone could pick up your key! They also forgot to book me on my overpriced tour so I almost missed the tour bus. It's also quite far out. Only a good place for families

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Scotland

New, clean hostel situated right beside an underground station. It's ridiculous that you have to pay for wifi but it's not too expensive. Good bar area to drink in but nowhere to relax. if you arrive by train then it might be worth getting the U Bahn to the hostel. The street down to the hostel is really long

• 16th Aug 2013

Blind Eye Hostel & Guest House

Prague, Czech Republic

This has been my favourite hostel so far! It's only a couple of minutes from the tram but you can also walk in to the centre in about 20 mins, it's only one stop from the train station. The wifi works really well which is a bonus for a hostel I've found! The staff were all very friendly which contributed to the chilled out atmosphere. I especially liked the little lounge area in the reception which made meeting people really easy. The showers could do with a bit of maintenance though.

• 12th Aug 2013

Amstel House Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I really enjoyed my stay at Amstel House, the room was comfortable and the wardrobes were a good size to fit all my stuff in and were lockable (take your own padlock). I'm travelling on my own and found it relatively easy to meet people in the common areas. My only criticisms were the location, it was quite far out, I'm not sure about the connections, and the internet, it rarely connected fully so skype was out of the question.

• 8th Aug 2013

Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent breakfast! Not too far from a tram stop in to the city centre but I don't think you could walk it. Staff were very helpful but the place lacked atmosphere. It was too big for me to meet people and a lot of people there were big organised groups. I was disappointed that there were no lockers in the rooms but the lockers in the reception area were very secure. The cleanest hostel I've stayed in. The room was far too hot, the windows were very tall and didn't open far enough.

• 5th Aug 2013