A long way from the citycentre. Seems as people stay here just the night before a flight because it's so close (definitely walkable) which unfortunately doesn't give this hostel the best atmosphere. But the included breakfast is good (a lot of fruits) and the staff working when I stayed there was all very helpful.

Green House Hostels

Bariloche, Argentina

Everything was very good! Just by the Cruz del Sur-terminal, a shop, bank and beautiful sunsets. Best shower in a long, long time, good breakfast with cheese (!) and a big kitchen. All very clean so nothing to complain about at all actually! Great place!

This place is pretty much perfect. It's on top of Cerro Conception, in the beautiful but touristy area of Valparaiso. Take a cab for 2000 Chilean pesos to get up. The house is old and located on the city's most picturesque street. Good included breakfast with a scrambled eggs, warm bread from the oven, juice, jam and butter, and your choice of coffee or tea. Marsella, the owner is not much of an early bird so breakfast can be late some days but her lovely approach cover up for it. I'll be back!

Casona de Chorrillos

Vina del Mar, Chile

This place genuinely cares about your well being and comfort! When you arrive they give you several maps and tell you everything there is to do and see. The rooms are nice and the house lovely old. More of a couples place, but I will absolutely come back! Just to give an example of their friendliness; they let us leave our backpacks over New Year's Eves night without charging a thing even if we weren't coming back to stay with them. At bit to walk for the beach but there is good connections.

This is a great hostel, just by the beach. The breakfast is good, always clean and the staff is really helpful. Downs; kitchen always crowded (but I stayed there over Christmas so the hostel was full) and the lockers in the rooms weren't always functioning or in good shape. But I would definitely stay there if I go back to Iquique!

Colonial House Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Nice hostel, the armosphere wasn't really there for me. And the breakfast wasn't all that. But good value for money and very close to the Centro Historico.

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Very nice! And a pool for that price is awesome. Most of the staff was really nice! Freddie and the guy helping us a whole evening just to get away to the national park of tenorio and rio Celeste early in the morning with the best guide in town, can not remember his name. But really serviceminded! Air condition was nice as soon as you didn't sleep just by it.

Hostal Suenos Del Mar

San Juan Del Sur, Nicaragua

Nice hostel, had what you needed and the staff really did their best to help you with all your questions. Maybe not the cleanest place, and the people who stayed there when I did drank a lot of rom and coke, so yeah party here just as much as the rest of the city.

The Landing Hostel

Ometepe Island, Nicaragua

Very nice and quiet hostel just up from the pier. A good place to have as a port while doing all the things on around the island. The main receptionist lady was very helpful and full of great tips. Love the hammocks at the roof terrace!

Hostal Mochilas

Granada, Nicaragua

Overall a nice place to stay, especially if you have a little tight budget. No air cindition was quite bad, really hot in the dorms, and I was the only one in the room. Not dirty but not the cleanest place I've set my foot. Maybe not the ideal hostel for couples. But no bed bugs in the dorm.

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

Good hostel! Only stayed there for two nights but those night went by real smooth.

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

Awesome! Great hostel both for party and, in my case, mostly relaxing. After 11pm it was quiet, only a few guests making some noice when they came home from the bar, but that's hardly the hostels fault. Very friendly staff! Especially the owner who actually took me by car the 7 blocks to the airport bus, on his free day! Buses take you downtown and ~8 blocks to the beach. Staff could read up on what more both South beach and downtown Miami has to offer besides party, there are a few good things!

Downtown Washington Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Great hostel! Met a lot of great people whom I intend to keep in touch with. Not far from Union station or the Congress, but the hostel could have been located closer to the White House, which for me felt like the centre of the city, sight seeing-wise. Otherwise nice hostel!

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Just a great hostel! I was a bit worried about the 16 people dorm but everyone was really quiet and respectful. Maybe that has nothing to do with the hostel, just that I'm lucky, but maybe this gives you an idea of what kind of people that comes to stay at this hostel. Movie night with free beer, they changed code every day, free baggage storage when you checked out, free coffee, the AND chocolate milk! Very helpful staff and well stocked kitchen. Just great!

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Not hard to get to or find. Hostel located in laidback Brooklyn! Free cerealbreakfast for those who like that and very fresh dorms and restrooms. Most of the staff was very helpful but as always one avoided the -to me- essential smile.. A bit overpriced, but I did also go during the summer. Sometimes they say that the hostel is full, but try again a few hours later and there might be one spot open. I slept in a room with a free bed even though the staff said it was full earlier the same day.