Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
4.6
18th Sep 2013

Although the location of this hostel is good, it is the worst I have stayed at in 3 months of backpacking. There are no security lockers. The kitchen facility is good, but is always packed, and it is difficult to find a place to sit and eat. The rooms were tiny (2 bunks crowded together so only 1 person out of 4 can access their bunks/packs at once). Also, I spotted bedbugs in the bathroom. The staff acted quickly, but did not resolve the bed bug situation (therefore poor cleanliness).

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel, Galway, Ireland
16th Sep 2013

This hostel is amazing! Probably the best I have stayed at in 3 months of backpacking. The rooms have storage lockers and adequate space. The bathrooms have plenty of toilets and showers, and are clean! Also, it has a great kitchen and eating facilities. The staff were also excellent with recommending tours. They also offer laundry service, which is 8.50, and comes back within the day (folded). Awesome hostel!

Generator Hostel Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
5.7
12th Sep 2013

This hostel was very poor compared to other generators I have stayed at. Upon arrival, the locker cage was missing from my room. I had to ask 3 times to finally have one delivered. Also, the room was incredible dirty, and I also had to ask 3 times for it to be cleaned. The staff was quite rude as well. I have stayed in many hostels during my 3 months of traveling, and really did not enjoy this hostel.

MEININGER Amsterdam City West, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.9
4th Sep 2013

The hostel itself was great. The cleanliness in the bathrooms was very average. Also, the location is mediocre. We had to take the train/tram everywhere, which is inconvenient.

Hi Matt, Thank you for your comment, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed our hostel! We also really appreciate your remark regarding the cleanliness of the bathrooms. We will take this into account and try to improve it for the next time! Kind regards, Meininger Amsterdam

Hostel Colours, Milan, Italy
5.7
26th Jul 2013

Upon arrival, I was completely ignored while trying to check in. The staff member was laughing with other employees, and I waited for at least 5 minutes, w hitch I felt was very rude. I had also expected the hostel to be very clean, as the cleaning award was previously awarded. I was disappointed wi the bathrooms, which definitely needed cleaning. The hostel did not meet our expectations, especially for the price we paid.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
Easy Bed Hostel, Pompei, Italy
7.1
20th Jul 2013

The hostel is great, but it wa a huge inconvenience that credit cards are not accepted. The other issue with this is that the number of ATM machines in the area is limited.

B&B Il Fauno Pompei, Pompei, Italy