B&B Fronte del Mare

Salerno, Italy

My room had the most amazing view of the ocean! The hostel is about 25 minutes from the main Salerno station via bus. The bus does come every 20-30 minutes and is very packed (this was difficult because I had a lot of bags). There is a great pizza shop nearby. The only issue I had was with internet connectivity. It did not work so well (had to keep resetting the internet box, but that still didn't always work). The hostess was very nice and kept the B&B extremely clean!!

Fausto & Deby B&B

Venice, Italy

Fausto and Deby were so kind and helpful! Deby even made us coffee in the evening because everything was closed nearby. There is a very inexpensive supermarket walking distance away. Perfect spot if you have a car because the bus stop (to Venice) is located on a busy highway which is very dangerous at night (no sidewalk). They were kind enough to drive us to the station at 5:30am on our departure day rather than have us take the bus. I would definitely recommend this hostel!

Hostel Santa Monaca

Florence, Italy

The location was the highlight of staying here. We had to change rooms due to inappropriate behavior next to our bed. The kitchen was difficult to use given one stove and lots of people (very large hostel). The 10 person room we moved to only had one small window so air circulation was poor and the one fan was not enough to reach everyone.

Thousand Sunny

Rome, Italy

Both hosts were extremely kind and helpful (sweet dog too)! One host even helped us make a nice pasta dinner (Italian style). We felt safe the entire time at the hostel. There was a supermarket nearby. We recommend that you do not walk around the area, late at night, alone. The main part of Rome was a 15 min train stop away. Overall, it was a very nice experience.