• USA, Female, 25-30
Alajuela Backpackers, Alajuela, Costa Rica
8.0
28th Jul 2013

I didn't think it was worth the price. The staff was WONDERFUL and the bar/restaurant had a fun atmosphere, but it's ridiculously overpriced. The towels were threadbare, there's no TV in the private rooms (for $50+ a night?!) and the wi-fi didn't reach our room. There was no bathmat (there's no shower curtain, so I got the floor all wet and had to use my own towel), no shampoo. All we could afford at the restaurant was two hamburgers. They have a free shuttle which was very convenient.

• USA, Female, 25-30
Arenal Backpackers Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
23rd Jul 2013

We stayed in one of the tents, which was awesome. I really liked the "outdoor" feel, and I was grateful for the roof overhead since it poured every night. The staff was extremely helpful and courteous, giving their advice on which tours to take and helping us organize everything. It's also got a nice vibe with a common area and a swimming pool, and great music playing all day.