Amigo Hostel Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Your conditions state that guests over the age of 40 will be refused. Our shared room had four young female travellers and an older gentleman in late middle age (around 60). I felt very uncomfortable in this situation, especially when I was the only woman in the room with him at certain points. It would be good if you can hold to your conditions.

• 25th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Dear Denyse, Thank you for your stay. We do have this policy and the reasson that we accepted this guest was because the most places where fully booked and we did not want to leave him on the street. We do appologize if you did not feel comfortable. Next time we will better organize the guests. You are always more than welcome to stay again with us.

Europa Hotel San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

You have a fantastic location but the hotel is very run down. We had a mouse in our room on the final night - woke up to find our bag of chips chewed through and eaten. Disgusting, I was relatively happy with the value for money until that happened. Also I find it very inappropriate to have male staff cleaning the female bathrooms at 8:30am, the prime time for women to be showering and using the bathroom. I felt uncomfortable in the bathroom at this point.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Fantastic atmosphere and exceptionally good value for money. The location is frustrating, we had to walk a long way to get anywhere but otherwise it was a very pleasant stay. Rooms were clean and bathroom, kitchen, and living facilities were clean and modern. Overall very happy.

• 16th Aug 2013