Reviews: motumbo

Location: Italy, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Mini Hostel Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

Ottimo ostello, posizione piu' che buona a 5 minuti di cammino dalla via principale krescistic, materassi super comodi, il proprietario mi ha dato ottimi consigli su transporti, vita notturna e ristoranti, Consigliato!

Puerta Vieja Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great hostel and an incredible free breakfast.

Nomadas

Merida, Mexico

Great place, the swimming pool is the best ever seen in an hostel, good vibe and party but still possisble to rest at night!

Hostel La Candelaria

Valladolid, Mexico

A great hostel, would be perfect if there was aircon

Mama's Home

Tulum, Mexico

Really a great hostel, Jose takes so much care of his guest, very good breakfast different every day. Very good all day long air coin and nice and spacious rooms, althought the mattress could be better, free cups of purified water. The only minus is the kitchen too small and not so clean. Close to the bus station and the huge supermarket, far from the beach as all the histels in the downtown.

The Yak

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

The best hostel in playa, the best kitchen except the fridge from which things fall once you open the door, a nice garden to hang out with other people, great staff, efficient aircon from 10 pm to 11am, few blocks from the beach and the party.

Poc na Hostel

Isla Mujeres, Mexico

The hostel has great potentials, but what's really annoing is the lack of a kitchen. the breakfast is poor, they have not even a kettle and they charge you 5 pesos to get hot water for te or coffee. Water refill is also not free as in many hostels. Not the best atmosphere to meet people if you are travelling alone.

Helpful and nice staff, 2 minutes walk from the ado bus station. Good facilities but some smaller maintenence is needed.

Thanks for your comments, they help us to get better. Please come back any time¡

Miami Hostel

Miami, USA

The best kitchen in miami beach, best atmosphere but a bit far from the beach, 10 min walk.

First we had bed bugs, I brought them alive to the receptionist and she didn't even say sorry neither she agreed to at least refund me the night, she even told they have been brought there by the people that checked in the previous day (so me) that the hostel before was fine. The incredible thing was the fact they were continuing to put new people in the room without caring of the bed bugs.Apart from that security is zero a guy just entered in my room at 4 am and woke uo everybody!also manyrules

Dear Guest, On all receipts at check in , we highlight the " NO FOOD & DRINKS " allowed in room to keep our rooms clean and pest free. For the above incident mentioned both food was found on bed and room window was left open overnight. Ants were what was found on the bed with open food in case mentioned. As for the paying guest that shared the room and came in from a night of partying , he was addressed about our quiet hours. We are sorry to hear that our assistance were not good enough.

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

Very nice hostel what a pity the lack of a kitchen, there is only a microwave! Two blocks frommthe beach, highly reccomended ,

HI-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

Very nice hostel, wonderful full equipped kitchen, one of the best I found while travelling, nice rooms. Sometimes lacks of atmosphere due to too many families and groups. Highly reccomended

Alexandrie-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

Very old building needs maintenance. Tax rate is 19% when at hi montreal they charge 15% on the receipt of course they don't write the taxes separately.

Provincial and federal taxes are 15% but there is also a tourist taxes 3.5% in montreal. I know that this is not fun but nothing we ca do about it. On our bill you can see all detail. At the end, important is that Alexandrie, has the best price. That we garanty.

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

Good hostel and facilities, a pity the kitchen closes at 9pm

Hi 5 Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

One of best hostels in pest!

Magic Bus Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

Nice hostel with a good atmosphere in a pretty good location, Danis the guy working there is really helpful and friendly

Dream House Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

One of the best hostel but the kitchen is too small and sometimes lack atmosphere being too big

Grandio Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Great atmosphere and staff!

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Went back 18 months later, remains one of the best hostel I ever stayed, unique atmosphere, the owner, Felipe, is a great person. It's the only hostel where you can buy drinks from the bar (very cheap and tasty caipirinha) but also bring your own. This is a party hostel some people can be noisy, but the fun is guaranteed. Great breakfast also. Far from the beach but 2 blocks from the best nightlife in Rio.

Che Lagarto Hostel Salvador

Salvador, Brazil

Hostel well located, just in front of the beach in the barra neighborood. Good atmosphere, free internet and excellent free breakfast, all at a bargain price. I would have stayed more if it was the high season. Luca

Albergaria Hostel

Fortaleza, Brazil

Nice hostel, well located with efficient aircon

Hostel & Pousada Casa Coco Verde

Jericoacoara, Brazil

Great hostel, wonderful breakfast, great staff!

Marcopolo Inn Iguazu

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Good hostel but some rooms have bad aircon and rooms close to the kitchen are noisy at night

Hostel 41 Below

Bariloche, Argentina

Very nice hostel just a but too noisy at night, there were people shouting at 2 am.

Great hostel!

Loki Backpackers La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

Great hostel but no lockers, no kitchen and noisy at night, great party though

Millenium House

Valparaiso, Chile

Great hostel but not a great atmosphere, more like a B&b

06 Central Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Rarely i leave bad reviews about the staff, but the German girl working there had a very arrogant way of talking, the Danish girl was also not really friendly and quite dirty, don't look her feet, the owner and the guys were nice though. The atmosphere was bad, too many people living there, not a place to meet travellers but only people with a small budget able even to steal other people food from the fridge even if marked and closed in bags. The kitchen is always broken, the fridge terrible.

Backpackers Sunset

Florianopolis, Brazil

Nice hostel, few minutes from the beach, free sunbeds, really nice staff. Only the kitchen is a bit disappointing

Cruz del Sur Hostel

Ushuaia, Argentina

Great hostel, nice atmosphere, great staff, greating from tano

Calafate Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Nice hostel, very good location, staff and facilities. Disappointing that there is only one key per room and the breakfast, even the milk taste like water.

Backpacker's Tucuman

San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina

Great hostel but a pity you cannot bring in even soft drinks, wonderful staff!

Backpacker's Suites & Bar

Salta, Argentina

Good hostel, nice facilities but terrible kitchen and no aircon

Gringo's Rincon Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Really a nice hostel, good facilities, very nice and helpful staff, perfect location. The only thing missing are the lockers, but nothing disappeared.

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I had a wonderful time, nice and spacious room with only 6 beds, big common area, nice kitchen, extremely helpful and nice staff. Location couldn't be better, in the middle of Forida, the main central pedestrian street. I would just suggest to add an additional colander in the kitchen.

Hostelgate B'n'B

Vilnius, Lithuania

One of the best hostel I have been, nice common area, well equipped kitchen, central location and really helpful staff.

Luca, you are welcome here anytime! :) All the best! Juste

Dream Story Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

It's not a party hostel but facilities are really good and modern, the apartment has been completely renovated. Jenia, the manager of the hostel is really lovely, she makes all the best to give her guests a wonderful stay, she is the best staff member ever met in a hostel throughout the world, it's difficult to leave but the travel must go on :) Good luck Jenia and thanks for everything!

Thank you)) And we must go on our great deal...)) Hope to see you in the nearest future!!)) Thanks you for so warm feedback...)) Good luck!:))

Why not? Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

I really enjoyed my stay, very good facilities, location is almost perfect, 5 minutes walking to the Main Street, well equipped kitchen, nice atmosphere, free laundry and really helpful staff, thanks especially to Irina and Maria. They booked for me a taxy to Zulhani airport for just 40 UAH in the middle of the night, thanks a lot Maria!

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

One of the best hostel in Budapest, staff is really great and helpful (thanks for keeping my bag ), facilities are really good,, perfect location in Pest, all bars are very close, the hostel organize everynight something, if you wanna party this is the place.

Matchbox The Concept Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The pod dorm is really nice, much more confortable than a bunk bed. The hostel has really god facility, good breakfast, aircon all the in the dorm, David, a staff memeber, is extremely kind and helpful, he checked me in early morning, thanks! The common room is huge and nice but due to the lack of aircon some people remain in the dorm, I would suggest in day time to use the aircon in the common room instead of the dorms. Really nice hostel, definitely reccomended, perhaps the best in SG

Treestyle Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Excellent location, good facilities and friendly staff, definitely reccomended! Thanks for the discounth card for Istant night club.

BlackSheep Hostel & Bar

Budapest, Hungary

This is definitely one of the best hostel I visited in the last years, very good facilities, very friendly and social atmosphere, I met so many nice people here, we had great fun. All the memebers of the staff are really great, especially Jiim, he is really a great guy, he treat everyone as a friend, he is definitely the best staff member I found in a hostel, thanks a lot Jiim ;)))

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

I paid extra to have air conditioning, but they were turning it off every day from 9.30 am to 7 pm even with people still sleeping in the room and this was never told or written. Many the rooms have no windows and in some room air con don't work properly, dont sleep in the 4 bed dormitory attached to the 6 bed one. In the last day there were shortcuts in electricity every 5 minutes, we had nothing attached but she was claiming us.I had a coffee maker I used only ones and she was accusing me.

For 5 usd a day it's a real bargain, you get a decent bed, free breakfast, free wifi and free beer from 7 pm to 8 pm, nice staff especially Van she is really lovely. The only minor problem is that people never lock the room door, so put your valuable in the provided locker and don't be stupid, lock your door, it's for your security! I will definitely come back!

ETZzz Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Nice hostel, good facilities, good location near the Lumpini subway, air conditioning in all rooms and in the common area, good rates and nice staff, especially Eve, she is really so helpful and kind and her smile was the best welcome to Bangkok ;)

Thank you Luca. We were very happy to meet you here and many thanks for your stay with us during your trip in Bangkok. See you next time. Merry X'mas and Happy New Year!

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Very nice hostel in the heart of Buenos Aires, large rooms, decent breakfast and good value for money. Great staff , Tami, Maccarena Gustavo and the other guys made my stay unforgettable, although the manager is arrogant and with no consideration for the guests, his behavior is largely compensated by the other guys. The hostel is huge, they have many activities, not cheap though but with high customer satisfaction, I met so many nice people, I will come back for sure,hostel and city recommended

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really nice hostel in the centre of lapa, close to the best bars and clubs. Very good and social atmosphere, great staff especially Phelipe (the owner), many thanks also to Vanessa that helped me with another reservation. If you want to party and socialize this is the best place, if you want o stay in Lapa this is the best choice!

I came for the second time in 2 month and I will come back next week, this is my favourite hostel in Budapest, the best atmosphere, good facilities and the best staff. Really a huge thanks to Suzana for the lugguage. Every night they take people out to some bars and a club at the end, so much fun.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

I have been 2 times in this hostel, it seems like a 4 stars hotel so there is not much a social atmosphere but they organize a pub crawl every night and there is also a bar inside. The only important thing missing is the kitchen, but it's definitely the best hostel I haver ever sleept, the room are excellent and the toilet are like in a hotel. Security is at the maximun standard with key card access even in the elevator, and a huge locker under the bed. Location is so and so, 15 min by tram

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

I have visited several hostels in Prague and this is definitely my favourite. All people from the staff do really their best. There are activites every night, even a free barbeque on Friday night. Wifi is fast and works I suppose in every room. The kitchen is well equipped and security is guaranted with key card access. There is so much common space to socialize with felllow travellers, even a garden. Location is so and so, 30 minutes by walking or 15 by tram.

Valentin, Xenia, Frugi and all the rest of the staff were amazing and made my stay unforgettable. The atmosphere is really good, one of the best I found in Budapest's hostels, furthermore good facilities, well equipped kitchen, lockers and really good location expecially for the night life... Valentin is the best hostel owner ever meet in my long experience!

Mystic Simurgh Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Very nice hostel, it's like to be at home. All the staff members are extremely friendly and helpful, rates are very good and the included breakfast is quite rich, includes fresh cheese, tomatoes, bread, vegetables, Turkish tea... Their cat Tepe is lovely, she is the star of the Hostel.

We (the staff and Tepe) are looking forward to seeing you again! :) and thank you for the Espresso! :)

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Really nice hostel, great social atmosphere, large common area, amazing staff always nice and extremely helpful, good rooms and showers. Breakast and dinner are not included with 9 and 16 beds doorms but can be purchased for 5 leva.

The Funky Chicken Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

The 3 girls working in the hostel are really kind and helpful, rarely Imhave been so satisfied. The hostel is really good, they provide also lockers and free towels. The mattress could be better. Definitety recommended especially if you book a bed for just 6 euro in the 10 bed room.

Green Frog Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

The staff is really great, never found so kind people. The matress and really good for being a hostel, also the breakfast is good. The only thing missing is a locker but the histel is really safe so I didn't really need it.

We do thank you ! We have lokers but we were "under construction" for few days. Due to the spingtime cleaning we moved some furniture from a room to another just temporarly.

Wang Fat Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Cheated, they charged 2 times my credit card swiping it 2 times claiming a tecnical fault; I of course signed only one receipt since I never authorized a second payment of the same amount. I noticed it in my bank account and I had to claim the fraud to Mastercard that will investigate. Don't give your credit cards to them, I mailed them 3 days ago and I had no answer. About the hostel, I never saw in my life a hostel where it's allowed to smoke in the common room, if you like it welcome.

Backpackers BCN Casanova

Barcelona, Spain

One of the best hostel ever seen, although it's not a party place it's very nice and spacious rooms, big lockers, the two girls in the reception are also extremely helpful. The kitchen is very nice and well equipped. You have also a free locker in the check out day ..

Vedy good lookers and storage room where you can secure your luggage with your own padlook. Very good breakfast and rooms, very pour kitchen without glasses, cleaning soap etc. Not much fun. too many families!

Hello, Thank you for your comment! We are glad you enjoy your stay in our hostel and in Brussels! We hope to see you soon in our HI community. Best regards, Giada

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Free internet is terrible, they charged me 3,5% for credit card after a long discussion because they accept card payment only over 200 euro, but I was having problem with my Atm card.. Lock out from 13 to 16, no access event to the kitchen and common areas. N fun , no hostel atmosphere, kitchen not well equipped. Great location !

The best hostel I visited in 10 years, with the best social atmosphere, rooms are extremely elegant, spacious and clean. Large lockers are provided for free in the room and also a big towel. The kitchen is a bit small but i's ok for a small hostel. The 3 girls from the staff are amazing, very beautiful, very well educated, with fluent English, extremely social and helpful. I wish I could find places like this in other cities. I will come back for sure.

Hotel Koala

Kos, Greece

2 stars hotel at a resonable price. The manager Dimitri and his mother are wonderful people and made any effort to make us feel like at home. The room is good and air conditioned, the only downside is that the cleaning lady don't change the towels unless you find them and ask it explicitly.

Hotel Tropical

Ibiza, Spain

Excellent 3 star hotel at a resonable price, air conditioned in all room, breakfast and dinner are also excellent. The swimming pool is also fine. The only downside is the absence of a key card system, old keys are used instead.

Riga Student Hostel

Riga, Latvia

the best and cheapest hostel in riga

Riga Student Hostel

Riga, Latvia

Excellent price, location and cleanliness

The best hostel ever, the most friendly and nice staff, I will come again. Excellent Cleanliness!

big problem, no socket in the room