Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Grand hostel LerO

Split, Croatia

We've been quite unlucky with Grand Hostel LerO. They were renovating the second floor so we could only use the first floor, which was completely different from what we were expecting after looking at the photos on Hostelworld. There was only one bathroom for the 2 dorms (9 beds in total) and it was dirty, only 4 blankets, and one power strip for the whole dorm. We decided to cancel our two last nights and the owner was sweet and comprehensive and offered us red wine after we complained.

• 16th Jun 2014

Chillout Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Really nice hostel compared to the others that I've seen in Croatia! We stayed there only for a night but the place was charming. There was A/C in our dorm, which was reallllly appreciated. The location is perfect, and so is the staff. I highly recommend this hostel and would go there again if I go back to Zagreb!

• 9th Jun 2014

Hostel trubarjeva 54

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The location is amazing but that's it. The lobby/reception/living room feels like a travel agency office, with a super cold atmosphere and no real place to meet people and hang out. The toilets and showers were not that clean. At least it was quite cheap for Ljubljana. It really is just a place to sleep.

• 8th Jun 2014

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Really really good hostel. It has been voted best hostel in Bosnia Herzegovina for a reason. It's modern, clean, the staff is really helpful, and the location couldn't be better. I absolutely recommend this hostel and I would stay there again if I had to go back to Sarajevo. Thanks!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Madness Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

The owner, Srdjan, is absolutely lovely. He was like a father to me, always telling me that if I needed anything I could call him. He even told me that he knows people all around the Balkans if I needed something of felt unsafe in whatever country. The hostel itself is of, good value for money, even if there's no proper living room to hangout and meet other backpackers. The location is perfect, right next to everything in Belgrade. I totally recommend it if you want a quite stay.

• 31st May 2014

Instant Groove! Party Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The two handsome owners are the sweetest guys ever. They were really helpful and always there for me. As everyone else said, the hostel is right above a massive nightclub, which is nice if you're a party animal. They provide free earplugs and to be honest, I had no troubles at all falling asleep even if I could hear the music. The location is perfect, and the size of the hostel makes it really cool and cozy. The facilities could be a little bit improved but that's the only «bad» point. Thanks :)

• 26th May 2014

Old Town Lagos Hostel

Lagos, Portugal

I had and amazing time at Old town! Leaving the hostel was the worst part. The staff is amazing and they treat you like a member of family. The hostel is tiny, quiet (people go out every night tho) so it's perfect if you want to party and still be able to sleep when you come back to the hostel. I recommand this hostel 100% if you want to get the maximum of Lagos. Portuguese dinner, rooftop terrace bbq: perfect place to stay!

• 11th Apr 2014

Casa d'Alagoa

Faro, Portugal

Lovely hostel, very spacious but doesn't feel empty. Very helpful staff, great location, great atmosphere. Breakfast could be a little better, would be nice to have fruits. Thank you, I've had a perfect stay!

• 9th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. The location is absolutly perfect, the staff is super friendly and helpfull and the rooms are big and comfortable. It's a perfect place to meet people since they organize something different every night (vodka tasting, pub crawls, etc.). They serve free dinner every night (which is quite amazing) and the breakfast is relly cheap for the choices you get (2,50€). I would definitly recommand this hostel!!

• 26th Dec 2013

Thank you for the great review. It was fun to have you here. Hope you will come back to Kraków and visit us again. Cheers!