USA Hostels Ocean Beach, San Diego, USA
7.1
12th Aug 2013

Rooms were small but adequate. Not too happy that an extra girl was staying in our room, sharing 2 to a bed. Even less space to share between 7 people. Especially at the cost of the hostel. The location was great, close to the beach and local shops. The building has character but I was overall disappointed with the atmosphere for a lone traveller. Would stay here again if I had company.

6.3
5th Aug 2013

Staff were friendly and informative but seemed lazy when needing cabs to flights or buses out of SF. I liked the building, and felt safe in the hostel. Not as safe out of the hostel. Regularly ran out of loo roll and hand sanitizer which was grim. But overall good stay. If the prices were lower this hostel would have been a great stay, not good value for money really. Personally I'd rather a lower room price and no free beer in the evenings.....

India House Backpackers Hostel, New Orleans, USA
24th Jul 2013

First hostel I've ever stayed in and I loved it. Cosy and relaxed, decor matches the atmosphere. I only stayed one night but wished it was longer. Location is good and felt safe, close enough to city for access without being ruined by noise and nightlife. Pool is definitely a win in the NO humidity! And staff gave a handy tour of the place when you arrive. If quirky and unique is your thing, you should definitely stay here. Good food available too which is useful.