Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Florence, Italy

Melissa at the front desk was great, from tips on local shops to negotiating in the leather market to helping plan day trips. Unfortunately the rest of the staff was unfriendly and rude. But still this was one of the best hostels I stayed at to date. A nice free breakfast, suite room with 2 other awesone girls, and a handy location make it a great stop. Plus overall atmosphere is nice and solo travelers are friendly.

Dreaming Rome Hostel

Rome, Italy

Staying at this apartment converted into a hostel feels like staying at a friend's house. Fabio runs the hostel and lives in one of the rooms, he's super friendly and always around to answer questions. From here you're less than a 20 minute walk to the Colosseum. Fabio insisted I check out the catacombs. I'm glad I did, it was amazing to see the underground structure and touch volcanic ash. Everyone else staying at the hostel was very friendly as well.

Hostal Era

Madrid, Spain

Staying here you're a short walk to many Madrid's attractions. I did my laundry here and they somehow managed to lose one of my tank tops and all I got is a shrug of the shoulders. One of the girls staying in my room had her leather jacket and charger stolen. Location was pretty good and they had free breakfast. Not a bad option for those on a tight budget.

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

This has to be one of my favorite hostels! The staff is friendly and helpful. The daily free sangria happy hour helps make new friends and get to know the other travelers. The walking tours organized by Felipo and Medi are the best way to see Sevilla. Everyone staying here was social and was a great environment for solo travelers.

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel!! You are staying in nGracia very close to 3 of Gaudi's most famous works in the city. Free breakfast in the morning is high quality and includes cheese, meat, fruit, cereal, and coffee/tea. The hostel itself is great and common areas are quite beautiful. A great place to have my first hostel experience! :)