Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great and fun hostel to stay in with awesome people working there and fun activities organized every night, including pub crawls. They also offer free walking tours in the morning and have a cafe/bar with very cheap and decent food. A very chill place to stay.

Euro Hostel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

Abbey Court

Dublin, Ireland

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

This hostel was an absolute blast. The staff was wonderful and wicked fun and the bar downstairs is an excellent place to meet fellow travelers as well as locals. If you manage to make it to breakfast, try the speculoos pasta on your toast! Nothing to complain about here.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab)

Brussels, Belgium

Hostel Duo

Barcelona, Spain

This was probably the best hostel I'd ever been to and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good, quiet hostel in Barcelona. The facilities were wonderful and clean, the staff was excellent and very kind and helpful, and the decor was quite charming with a small living room and a nice patio to hang out outside. It far surpassed my expectations as I just needed a decent place to sleep, and it felt as close to a comfy home as a hostel could.

Alberg La Ciutat

Barcelona, Spain

Casa España Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

What a wonderful, wonderful place to stay! The staff was very helpful and friendly, and there was no problem at all with accessing transport to Cinque Terre from Biassa. Unfortunately my towel went missing during my stay, but one of the staff was kind enough to let me use one of the hostel's towels for free. I also met some of the most amazing and friendly people here and would without a doubt stay here again if I ever have the chance to visit the magical Cinque Terre again!

Fiesta Terrace Hostel

Rome, Italy

This was a decent place to stay and an excellent value for the price. It was also in a great location very near to Roma Termini station and walking distance to most of the attractions in Roma. I only had one minor problem which was that the support boards in my bed frame kept popping out of the frame so my mattress would slump in where the boards had fallen out, making for a slightly uncomfortable night of sleep. Everything else seemed suited me just fine though!

Poliziano inn

Rome, Italy

This isn't the worst place you could stay for the price, but I would not choose this hostel again. I just happened to be here in Rome during a few VERY hot days with nothing but a ceiling fan that only ONE person in the room could barely feel at their feet. It was so unbearable I only got a few hours of sleep that night I was there. There was also never any staff there except to check me in and then he disappeared. It was okay for just one night though.

Venice Lagoon House

Venice, Italy

Luca, the owner, was very accommodating and friendly and everything worked just fine so I have no complaints. For what a comfortable stay I had, it was definitely a very good value. No, the hostel isn't located right in Venice, but the bus ride in is exceedingly simple and was never a hassle. I would highly recommend this hostel!