• England, Male, 18-24
MEININGER Cologne City Center, Cologne, Germany
12th Aug 2013

Felt much more like a hotel than a backpacker hostel, as there was much less of an emphasis on the social side of travelling. The staff were helpful and the facilities were great though, and I think each room has a ensuite shower.

Dear Josh, thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, all our rooms have a ensuite shower. We are looking forward to welcome you as our guest again. Take care.

• England, Male, 18-24
The White Tulip Hostel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
9th Aug 2013

Very basic, has everything you need but don't expect more than the bare essentials. There was a mixup with the arrival time and I had to move rooms once during my visit but we were able to work something out, and it certainly didn't ruin my stay. Location is very central, ideal for if you want to experience nightlife within Amsterdam. If you're not fussy about space or hotel luxuries then I'd certainly recommend this place.