Agoo Hostel

Accra, Ghana

The top "excellent" award would go to the so friendly, helpful and understanding staff!

Saqua Hostel & Surf

Saquarema, Brazil

This is not really a hostel, it is a house-share. There is actually almost no security, except a camera, but the neighbourhood itself is very safe. Its location is 350 metres from a huge beach, so that's great. The breakfast and kitchen are OK but no more - fruit at breakfast, a banana, and very watered down diluting juice as well. But the bedroom for 5 was as big as you will get anywhere. And the shower was hotter if the bathroom light was not on. Some very good points, some poor, hard to rate.

at least strange someone who booked 2 nights and stayed 7 nights, come now to complain and criticize everything. If I dislike a place, I just leave and don't stay 5 more nights. About the juice, it was "very watered down diluting" because you didn't mix it .. about the fruits please do not lie because there was a day with banana, apples & papaya but you ate only bananas .. for a hotter shower just switch the heating button to maximum. And the night you arrived here hungry .. I cooked for you ;)

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very pleasant to stay here. Have stayed at 2 other hostels in Rio (one being Che Lagarto, which is clearly newer) but it's Walk on the Beach I'd return to. It's the staff who really go 2 extra miles to look after you. But a young man needs to get his facts corrected about the buses and where they shop. The 127 and 128 do NOT stop at BRS1! Anyway, the room was small, sure, but bed was comfy enough. Toilets/shower all fine, and YES hot water. The breakfast was good, considering the price paid.

HI Holandes

Ilha Grande, Brazil

I am so glad I picked this hostel. It is UP from the main street, for sure, but it is signposted from the main street. The hostel's own website has the best map. And do cross the little bridge and always keep left on your way up. The breakfast is superb with a good selection of fresh fruit, cereals, coffee, tea, milk. And as other reviewers have said, there is a limit on one roll with ham and cheese. However toast and jam are available too. It is in a setting surrounded by nature. I'd return!!!

Local Hostel Manaus

Manaus, Brazil

Manaus has a very particular climate. It is HOT and HUMID. Whilst the hostel was mostly superb, the toilets and shower area, whilst superbly clean, suffered badly from no air-con. After a shower, whilst attempting to dry yourself, you ended up needing another shower. Hard to know what to do. The bedrooms incidentally did have air-con.

Yellow HouseHostel

Medellin, Colombia

Vincent´s local knowledge and help with arrangements was excellent. This is very very useful for a tourist in a foreign land, as it adds to safety.

La Serrana

Salento, Colombia

Serious misrepresentation by HostelWorld website. We had booked what we thought was a private room, but La Serrana showed us to a private tent. Now, admittedly, the tent was very nice, but it was quite a distance from a shared bathroom, especially if there was terrential rain. After one night we were switched to a private room, without fuss, in friendly fashion. But please HW, check your room descriptions against what La Serrana actually offer. They DO NOT MATCH and La Serrana were shocked too.

Colombian Home Hostel

Cali, Colombia

Just because it is a challenge to get the downstair's bathroom shower tap to work does not mean that I rate this hostel less than excellent. This was my 4th time here, need I say more....

Colombian Home Hostel

Cali, Colombia

When the boss actually also comes out with you at night to the Salsa Clubs and negotiates the taxi fares, how much better can it get???

thanks for your words I always do my best to make my guests feel at family.... Mauricio :)

An amazing host, Xavier, and very well backed up by his always-helpful staff! Cannot be much that Xavier does not know about Cusco and whatever travel-related information you need.

Very close to the bus company terminals and right on the main square. Super hot water in showers. No problems for a "let me out at 06:00'" bus to the airport. And friendly staff.

Hostal Wasi Masi

Sucre, Bolivia

I rated the hostel excellent on the basis of what I paid. In my opinion, everything I needed was very well provided for - in particular, safety, comfort, laundry on-site, hot showers and wi-fi.

Pousada Ecoverde

Cuiaba, Brazil

Cleanliness is difficult to judge fairly as renovations were being made at the time. But once completed, and the clean-up which follows completed, this should be marked at least GOOD. Staff marked as EXCELLENT due to the enormous knowledge of Joel, which he happily passed on.