• Australia, Couple, 18-24
Carpe Noctem Vitae, Budapest, Hungary
3.7
21st Jul 2016

I stayed at this hostel a few years ago and loved it. It has since expanded and has completely lost its atmosphere. The beds were uncomfortable, there was no aircon in our room making nights sweltering hot. The biggest disappointment was that we didn't have access to a communal space to meet people and the staff did not facilitate including us in activities (and seemed overworked and stressed). Feels much like a money making exercise rather than a great place to explore a beautiful city.

La Banda Rooftop Hostel, Seville, Spain
8.0
22nd Jun 2016

Super comfy beds.Rooms/bathrooms clean but the cleaners were noisy and left my door open everyday which woke me up/wasn't good for security or privacy. wifi was only available in the reception downstairs, it was weak/would frequently drop out everywhere else in the hostel. Breakfast was really plain, toast with jam or plain yogurt and cereal. Also you weren't allowed to drink your own alcohol on the rooftop, and when beers/wine were €2 each it feels a bit like a cash grab from the hostel.

Hey there, sorry to hear that you thought our 2 euro glass of wine was expensive, we actually charge below the average prices in the city so that it´s cheaper to be in the hostel than drink out, we´d love to go even cheaper but unfortunately we still gots to eat! We´re working on a big revamp of breakfast, so bear with us, hope the fact it was free at least helped though! As for your own drinks in the bar? Thats a nice concept, the bar where everyone brings their own drinks...... we´ll see what we can do! If only people felt the same way about their own food for breakfast and dinner...... then we´d just be straight up chillin :-p

6.9
17th Jun 2016

The hostel had a great atmosphere and the activities organised were great. However the place was not very clean, there were no power sockets next to the bed so I had to charge my phone on the single socket in the entire room. Also I booked an ensuite room, but the single toilet and shower was actually shared between two 6 bunk rooms meaning it was often dirty and I had to wait in line most days.

Thank you for your comments We are sorry about your situation here in our care, we are here to serve you but we didnt know that. We hope you to visit us again and give you the best service Best regards Oasis team

Carpe Noctem Vitae, Budapest, Hungary
14th Aug 2013

Without a doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed in! A single travellers must! Instant family, friends and fun. Could not recommend this place more!

St Christophers Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
4th Aug 2013

The staff here were amazing. I left my jewellery behind after my stay and they managed to find it for me and post it home! I cannot thank them enough. Also the rooms were clean, the beds oh so comfy and the shower amazing. However as a single female traveller I found it difficult to make friends after doing the pub crawl on the first night...more activities would have been better. But still a great value for money option!

5.7
2nd Aug 2013

Great if you arriving on a late train and don't wish to travel far. Otherwise the rooms were tiny, the lockers didn't lock and so I felt very insecure about my belongings. Also there was no atmosphere or activities offered like in other hostels making for a very boring experience.

Dear Guest, thank you for your comment. Next time please inform our staff if there is something broken in your room, we could have fix the locker or give you a safty locker which are located at the reception free of charge to lock your expensive valuables. We hope to see you again in one of our MEININGER Hotels. Your MEININGER Team

Astor Victoria, London, England
5.7
28th Jul 2013

The beds were tiny, even for bunks and extremely uncomfortable. The lockers under the bed were two small to house an average backpackers pack and the room was too small to put them elsewhere. The showers were disgusting, covered with hair and grime so much that I didn't use them. I am glad I was there for only a night. Would not return.