Big Fish Budapest Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

It's easy enough to get good ratings for location and cleanliness etc. but ehat really makes a hostel is the feeling you get while being there. This place had one of those unique atmospheres that cannot be constructed; it has to happen organically. Thanks to the perfect size and a wonderfully welcoming and friendly staff, I felt so completely at home here that I stayed a little longer than planned and then found it incredibly difficult to leave. thank you big fish, you made my time in Budapest.

• 13th Sep 2013

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Some hostels can have all the facilities in the world but lack atmosphere. This hostel is what most hostels aspire to be. For many reasons, the place feels like home as soon as you get there. It has a calm, sociable vibe, the place is clean and comfortable and the staff are really helpful and friendly.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Hvar Out Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

This place was fun and in a good location. It was easy to meet people on the terrace but I think they need a common area that is inside for people who want to hang out past ten but not necessarily in bars. But for the money being paid, the kitchen needs an overhaul. but the staff were friendly and helpful.

• 24th Aug 2013

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Really fantastic hostel. Really Good free breakfast which is rare. Great facilities, really clean and safe and the staff were consistently lovely and organized a lot of activities for people to take part in but there was no pressure. The staff would take people out so that if guests wanted to sleep they could. I would absolutely come back here.

• 11th Aug 2013

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

Really great hostel, helped me change my booking with no fuss, lovely staff who were consistently kind and polite. Hostel is in good location and very clean and secure. I'd definitely come back.

• 8th Aug 2013

I loved staying at Cinnamon Sally's. It really made my time in Riga quite special. It would have been nice if they had stuck to the over 17 rule but this was a minor factor. The hostel had an incredbile set of staff and a really cool vibe and I had a lot of fun here. I would absolutely stay here again or recommend it for people coming to Riga.

• 1st Aug 2013

Hi Claire! We promise to toughen up and stick to the over 17 rule although sometimes it's hard to kick kids out on the street in the peak of the high season if their parents haven't bothered to read the hostel description/rules. It's a lot easier to kick out a stag party :) Safe travels, Sallies