Stayokay Amsterdam Stadsdoelen

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A great place to stay with a group, but not so great if you're on your own. I managed to meet people anyways, but it was more due to chance than to the hostel being conducive to meeting people. Great location, though, and everything was clean.

• 24th Sep 2013

A great place to relax and unwind for a few days, or equally great as a base for hiking in the Tatras. One of my favourite hostels this trip!

• 13th Sep 2013

• 20th Aug 2013

Brunsko

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Nice, well-kept place only a 20 minute walk from the old town. The lady working there helped us organise an excursion on a few hours notice. The only thing to note is that breakfast is not included in the price, so don't take a free breakfast into account when calculating the price.

• 18th Aug 2013

Tiger Tims Place

Budapest, Hungary

Great place to go if you want to party in Budapest. The free pub crawls are great and Tim is really good about making reservations or calling taxis for whenever you need them.

• 11th Aug 2013

On the Corner

Kolomiya, Ukraine

The best place I've stayed in Ukraine. The food is awesome, the accomodations are great, and the activities are all fascinating. I could imagine coming back to Ukraine just to stay here again.

• 4th Aug 2013

TIU Chernivtsi Backpackers

Chernivtsi, Ukraine

The hostel owner was extremely friendly and helpful, with a wealth of information about the city and surrounding area. Though I was only there for one night, it stands out as one of the best of my trip so far.

• 3rd Aug 2013

Palmira Hostel

Kamyanets Podilski, Ukraine

Nice place that's only a short bus ride away from either the bus station or the old town. Feels more like a hotel than a hostel in atmosphere, since the common area is small and the rooms hold fewer beds.

• 30th Jul 2013

Why Not? Chillout Kiev

Kiev, Ukraine

It's a great hostel staffed by friendly, helpful people. I was particularly impressed by the kitchen, which had pots, pans, dishes and cutlery for the guests to use at any time and by the flexibility of the staff, who do their best to find you a room as soon as you arrive and will store your luggage until well after checkout. After staying for one night, I found myself wishing I could extend my stay.

• 29th Jul 2013