• England, Female, 31-40
Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
7.4
17th Apr 2017

Yes, there is truck noise in the morning, it's not a residential are & there's a works yard nearby, but it starts at 8am which is pretty civilised. The main reception area is cool, basic breakfast was toast, juice, instant coffee. The rooms & toilets area was rundown but the bedding was clean & comfortable & you could tell they properly cleaned & vacuumed every day. Staff needs a better way of knowing who's booked into which room as I was woken by the police at 1:30am looking for someone else.

Chester Backpackers, Chester, England
28th Sep 2016

I stay here whenever I go into Chester. It's a great family-run hostel with a convenient location. Staff are friendly and helpful, it's clean and secure, and very good value.

18th Apr 2015

Very clean and very safe and the shuttle service is fantastic. There was a load of us there for the marathon and they got up early to feed us and shuttle us to Wellington Station and generally look after us. Breakfast is basic toast with tea or coffee, but it's good. There's lots of places to get food or eat out a block away in Everett. Beds are a little uncomfortable, but for all the other benefits like free, good wifi, a pool table, clean, hot showers, a bar, and friendly staff it's worth it.

Belfast International Youth Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
8th Jun 2014

YHA Hawkshead, Lake District, England
17th May 2014

Stunning! Beautiful old building with anything you could ever want. I only marked it down one point for security because if my fellow travellers hadn't been so lovely it would have been fairly easy for them to grab the bike shed key off the front desk and make off with a large quantity of high-end bikes.

Citi Hostels, Dublin, Ireland
9th Sep 2013

Backpackers Citihostel, Dublin, Ireland
5.1
2nd Sep 2013

It felt like I was squatting in a derelict building with a group of very nice people.All the money I expected to save by staying in a cheap hostel I ended up losing on the fact that all my food disappeared from the kitchen so I had to eat out all the time. Although I probably saved myself a case of food poisoning by doing so. We once went a day and a half without toilet paper, there was rarely working internet, my dorm window wouldn't shut all the way so we shoved abandoned towels in the gap...