Carlisle City Hostel, Carlisle, England
1st Apr 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Carlisle. There weren't many guests while I was there, so things were pretty quiet. I still had plenty of lovely conversations with the other hostel goers - good atmosphere. Everything was very clean and had a "new" feeling - beds were also super comfortable. Free coffee, tea, sugar, and milk was a nice perk. Friendly people run the place, and in a very convenient location. Would stay again!

Inverness Tourist Hostel, Inverness, Scotland
27th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here in Inverness. Comfy beds, friendly and knowledgable staff. And you couldn't ask for a better location - right next to the bus station and a couple cheap grocery stores. I was a big fan of the free milk, tea, and coffee whenever the kitchen was open. Also enjoyed the atmosphere - very conducive to meeting lots of people. To top things off, the staff allowed me to hang out for a few hours after I checked out to eat lunch and use wifi. Very impressed. Would stay again!

Kick Ass Hostels, Edinburgh, Scotland
26th Mar 2014

It's a new hostel, so things were still under construction, but rooms were incredibly nice and clean. A good atmosphere. Friendly staff and central location. Luggage room was a bit different - they have individual lockers which provide extra security but at a cost of 1 pound. Since I wasn't leaving anything of value, they let me throw my backpack in a corner without paying. Very flexible! Overall I was quite impressed and, as I'm passing through Edinburgh again, booked an additional night!

Belford Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
23rd Mar 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at Belford. Friendly staff with maps and lots of advice on what to do in the city. Clean rooms. A bit further out than some other hostels, but still only a 15-20 minute walk from the main part of the city. Room was relatively spacious and the walls had charming painted decorations throughout the hall. Not many people can say they've slept in an old converted church! Would stay again.