Mama's Home

Tulum, Mexico

I'd heard good things about Mama's Home, but there wasn't many people staying when I was there so the atmosphere is probably better usually. The location is great, close to restaurants. There really needs to be a towel provided for the bathroom as it has a pool of water after a few people would shower. A couple of the staff weren't very friendly and you felt like you were a burden when you asked a question. The breakfasts were excellent and free water is a big plus.

• 25th Aug 2013

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

This is definitely a great hostel, especially if you're up for partying. The included breakfast and dinner was excellent and most of the staff are really friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Thank you! We hope you come back soon!

Hostal Akumal

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

I absolutely loved my stay at Hostal Akumal; definitely the best hostel experience I've had so far. Erick was the best host and made me feel very welcome. I made some great friends and we had an awesome night out together. I can't wait to head back to San Cris and I'll definitely be staying here when I do.

• 18th Aug 2013

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Casa Angel was a great hostel. Everyone was really helpful and it was an easy walk to the attractions around Oaxaca City. The facilities were great too.

• 12th Aug 2013

I wouldn't stay here again. There are no staff on the premises, so when we arrived at 1am we had to wait about 20 minutes for someone to meet us, despite advising when booking that we'd be getting there at that time. The guy who ran it came knocking for the second night's payment at midnight when I was trying to sleep. It was also very noisy.

• 1st Aug 2013

Hi, thanks for your comments, yes it takes to us a bit longer to make a check in if arrive is during early morning we hope you understood that its a time when thereĀ“s less staff covering night turn. We always ask for night payment at check out hour of the previous night that is 11am if a guest ask us to make payment later then we should ask for it when their back to the hostel, so if you came back to the hostel at midnight this might explain why staff ask for your night payment at this time.