This hostel is in one of the most seedy, impoverished neighbourhoods of Paris. However, it is right by the train station and the metro, and is relatively safe during the day. Hostel itself is brand new and I absolutely loved the pod beds however, half the showers on our floor were out of order and the toilets had no water and couldn't flush! Would be nice once they iron out the kink.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A quiet, nice and large hostel only 20 min. walk from the festivities downtown. Staff were friendly and the rooms were clean. One of the ladies was even nice enough to fold all my clothes for me when I did laundry! Lots of families and school groups here however. The common room was difficult, but not impossible, for a solo traveler to meet new people. Watch out for Happy Hour at the bar... Would definitely stay here again the next time I'm around!

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Nice hostel in a really beautiful part of town just 5 mins. from the tube station. Rooms were actually furnished and clean. However, the bathrooms were absolutely tiny. Lots of school groups and families so wasn't the greatest for a solo traveler but I had an absolute blast and met some amazing friends!

Hey, thank you for your nice review. Yep - welcome to London - everything is tiny here *hahaha* Happy to hear that you find some good friends at our hotel. Just join us on Facebook and post a pic of you guys. See you soon - M Team

I was pretty disappointed when I first arrived. The staff also work at the bar and they aren't focused much to hostel patrons - I waited at the reception desk for 15 mins waiting to be helped while the staff hung out behind the bar and chatted - was a theme for the rest of my stay. Good chillout bar, met some great folks here but wasn't great for solo travellers. Bed was clean but rooms and showers weren't too clean. Was far from everything but the tube. Would't stay here again.