YHA Stratford upon Avon

Stratford-upon-Avon, England

It's more like a hotel than a hostel. There's no kitchen for cooking meals, so take that into account if you plan to stay more than a night. There are separate charges for Internet and towels. It's a long way from the city centre, and directions for getting to the hostel by public transportation are not clear. Recommended if you're looking to get away from it all, but look elsewhere for a more hostel-like experience.

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

Friendly, helpful staff and great location very close to the bus and train stations and the center of town. It's one of the more social hostels I've stayed at during my travels over the years. Highly recommended.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

Wrigley Hostel

Chicago, USA

The staff was friendly, and the rooms and other facilities were clean and well maintained. My only complaint is that there are cash deposits required for keys/towels. The deposits were only $5 each, but they are not disclosed on Hostelworld or the hostel's website (at least not anywhere I could find easily). It was really annoying to spend all day traveling only to have to find an ATM just so I could settle into my room and take a shower.