Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

I had an awesome stay at Vitae. The staff were really friendly and helpful and there was something organised each night. It has the perfect combination of being able to go out and party but also stay in and get a good sleep if you want. Would have loved to stay longer and will definitely be back.

The location is good right across from the food markets but a bit of a walk into the city centre. Not the easiest place to meet others if travelling solo as it is a big hostel. The rooms are big and comfortable though and overall it's a nice place to stay.

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I LOVED my stay at Madhouse. The staff create a fantastic social environment with events organised every night. Really easy to meet other travellers.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

The rooms are spacious and clean. Like big hostel it is slightly harder to meet other people if you are travelling solo. I did the free walking tour affiliated with the hostel which was fantastic. One of the best walking tours I've been on in Europe.

Argyle Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed at Argyle over the Hogmanay festival. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and it's a nice hostel with a good atmosphere.

Lybeer Travellers' Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

We had a really nice stay at Lybeer. The staff were friendly and helpful and it's a good hostel to meet other people. It was undergoing renovations at the stage, however, the rooms were finished and were nice and clean. It will be excellent once all the renovations are done.

Annecy Hostel

Annecy, France

I had a nice stay at Annecy Hostel. The staff were friendly however it was a quiet time of year so I didn't meet many other travellers.

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

I LOVED my stay at La Banda Rooftop. Firstly, it has an excellent location very close to both the river and Cathedral. The staff are fantastic and have created the perfect hostel to meet other travellers. Each night the boys cook a dinner for those interested and the food is amazing! The kitchen is also the best I've come across in a hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed with an ensuite. The room was a little on the small side but the bathroom was great. Hands down best hostel I've stayed at!

Oasis Granada is a really nice hostel. The staff were helpful and it had a good social atmosphere. I stayed in a private room which was extremely spacious but the bathroom was quite small. Noise also travels a lot in the hostel given the layout but it would only be an issue if you're a light sleeper. Great hostel for meeting other travellers!

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

I really enjoyed my stay at Way Hostel. Good facilities and room sizes and the staff were helpful. Great to take advantage of the activities offered to meet other travellers.

Oasis Lisbon is a great hostel. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm which was extremely spacious and had a big bathroom. The staff are really friendly and helpful and the free walking tour and street art tours were great. The dinner each night and breakfasts are also fantastic and definitely worth the money - definitely take advantage of them. The hostel has a really good social atmosphere for those wanting to meet other travellers too.

Room007 Ventura Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Nice and modern hostel in Madrid. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly! Only problem was the shower is one where you have to keep pressing the button.

I had such a fun time at Florentine Hostel! A really great hostel if you are wanting to meet other travellers. Only downside is that the shared bathrooms weren't always very clean.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I had a great time at Bauhaus hostel. Located really close to all the major sights in the Old City. Great social atmosphere with the rooftop bar and really easy to meet other travellers.

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I enjoyed my stay at Cheers hostel. Very welcoming, friendly and helpful staff.

B&B Les Chic

Sorrento, Italy

We stayed in a private room which was massive! We had a living area separate to the bedroom and a kitchenette! It is located right behind the train station which was great for us as we had to catch an early train.

• 13th Sep 2013

Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Florence, Italy

We stayed in the building next to the main one as we booked a private room. The room was spacious but the bathroom tiny. The staff were amazing! Incredibly friendly and helpful! Breakfast was also one of the best we had in Italy.

• 1st Sep 2013