Fata Morgana

Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

When I arrived at Fata Morgana. I was relieved. The large garden with cute little cottage-style rooms was just what I needed after my time in the city of Santo Domingo. The owner and her son are so lovely and are always happy to help with whatever you need. We had a delicious BBQ on the first night which was a great way to get to know everybody (this is not available every night, perhaps once a week?). A short walk to beaches and a short moto ride to town, it has a nice quiet location too.

• 23rd Jan 2014

Kolibri Hostel

Pereira, Colombia

A very tidy, modern hostel with a great hang out area and a great view.

• 8th Dec 2013

La Casa Hostal de Lili

Salento, Colombia

My partner and I had a lovely time at La Casa Hostel de Lili! The staff are so friendly, the house is full of music and cooking and the beds are comfortable. The wifi is really good too.

• 4th Dec 2013

Pousada Lua de Cristal - Lencois

Chapada Diamantina, Brazil

My fiancé and I found Lua de Cristal to be an absolute gem! The staff were very friendly, the hostel was extremely clean, the breakfast was amazing (everything freshly baked to perfection) and the location is right in town which makes it easy to walk to restaurants and tour companies. It is more of a relaxation hostel as opposed to a party hostel - more like a hotel with minibar and beds made everyday. We would highly recommend it for a relaxing stay.

• 24th Aug 2013

Backpackers Sunset

Florianopolis, Brazil

Loved it, loved it, loved it! We had such great fun at the hostel due to the awesomely helpful and friendly staff, cheap delicious meals, beautiful view, fun parties and good location. It will be the yardstick for the rest if our travels - I miss it already.

• 3rd Aug 2013