Ciarus

Strasbourg, France

This place has no character, it has a lot of conferences, large groups, that sort of thing, not many travellers, and it's huge. Feels unwelcoming, dreary and bleak. Room wasn't that clean, also no lockers.

• 16th Aug 2013

We thank you for having taken time to give us your opinion concerning your stay in our Hostel. My team and I are really concerned about your appreciations and notice; we maintain our efforts so that the performance which we bring you answers in best your desires. I'm surprised of your evaluation ! I find you really hard with us ! By the way we have lockers at the ground floor ! We hope to see you again. Best regards, Dominique FLOUX Team Manager

I found the general tone of the hostel, the over-enthusiastic notices and stuff, a bit patronising, but it's basically a good hostel, though it's quite big. Nice beds, nice ensuite bathroom, close to the station.

• 13th Aug 2013

Eastener Hostel

Berlin, Germany

There's nothing particularly wrong with this hostel, but there's nothing great about it either. It's reasonably close to everything, so if you're just looking for a place to crash after a long day of sightseeing then it's fine. It seems a bit overpriced for what it is but then the small independant hostels can't really compete with the huge chains in terms of price, so it's understandable.

• 9th Aug 2013

Generator Hostel Copenhagen

Copenhagen, Denmark

It's very big, and a bit soul less, but basically a well run hostel. However the music played in the bar is really loud - it's fine if you're on a higher floor, but if you're right above it it makes sleeping very difficult, and earplugs make no difference as it is so loud. The breakfast is expensive and not really worth it. Overall though I had a great time here, it's really easy to meet people. I would highly recommended the free walking tour.

• 6th Aug 2013

Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is quite a way out of Amsterdam, so if you don't have much time and really want to see the city it's not the best place, but if you have a bit longer and want somewhere more relaxing where you can swim it's pretty nice. I didn't find it great for meeting people though, as there didn't seem to be many solo travellers. The station where they pick you up is weird - it's not sketchy at all, but it has a kind of modern dystopian feel which is really unsettling, so be prepared for that.

• 4th Aug 2013

We're sorry to hear that the station made you feel uncomfortable. The light at the pick up spot is broken and we hope the city maintenance will fix it soon. Thnaks for your review.