Everything ok, dorm and sheets were very clean. Two things I didn't like that much: first there are a lot of dorm rooms, but only very little showers. Second: I was relaxing in their bar area one afternoon when suddenly they turned the music on so loud I almost fell out of my chair. Impossible to think straight or read a book with that noise. Asked them to turn the volume down a bit. Answer of the staff: "I'm sorry, that's impossible". Why? "Because in the night music is loud." Rude and impolite

Tavern 47

Shangri-la, China

Cleanest dorm room ever! Toilets and showers were super clean too. Heating blanket, personal reading lamp AND a huge socket for all electronic appliances - so convenient! Awesome noodle soop. Boss and his wife are very nice and helpful. Would come back here again :D Perhaps not in winter, but summer time was perfect: Some light rain showers and mostly blue and cloudy sky in the afternoons.

• 11th Jul 2014

No locks on the dorm room. Only one shower for all dorms guests. Only one toilet for all dorm guests. not enough sockets. Dorm has only one main light, no personal lamps. Beds were ok and clean. Food was good. Good starting point for the hike. Atmosphere was average though.

• 9th Jul 2014

• 7th Jul 2014

Not easy to find. But perfect for trips with a bike around Qionghai (approx. 40km) or to the old town of Xichang. Lies in a new built toursitic area, so lots of food - from cheap to expensive, choice was average. Nice bunk beds with curtains for some privacy and cool interior design in the hostel. Very new building. One staff member spoke very good english (himself a traveller) and was very helpful with finding food and bikes to rent. Thank you Cheng :D Would come back here, nice nature around!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • China

Dragon King Hostel

Beijing, China

Howoo Life Resort

Moganshan, China

Perfect location if you want to hike in the tee plantations and tee villages right behind (e.g. Yangmeiling). Hard to reach by bus, taxi is easier but much more expensive. Nice western breakfast with eggs and toast - though I would recommend to walk 5 mins form the hostel and get a nice noodle soup in a local restaurant. Offers bicycles for rent with is most convenient!

• 21st Mar 2014

Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel

Zhangjiajie, China

Staff was unfriendly, not very helpful. My poor chinese didn't help. They didn't have soap nor toilet paper and the aircondition (only source of heat in winter) was not included in the price. In addition, it was probably very unfriendly to the environment using a class 5 air condition without having any kind of insulation or so ever in the whole building (which is new). Good thing: own kettle in the room. Hair dryer provided which is useful. WIFI connection was poor in the room. disappointed!

Staff adviced me wrongly and I almost missed my train because of that. When I confronted them with the problem they just said sorry instead of helping me getting to the train station. Sad experience for me. I had to walk with all my heavy bags for 45 minutes to get to the train station. Next timt I rather trust myself :(

Have been there in winter so the hot showers and the air condition were much aprreciated. The only disturbing thing was that this was the first hostel I had to pay to use one of the computers even though WIFI in general was free. I hadn't brought my own computer but still needed to save pictures from my camera. When I explained this to the staff and asked for an alternative to the slow expensive computers they had, one of them offered me to use their private laptop to save my pictures. THANKS :)

Helpful and friendly staff, awesome location (all the major sights can be reached walking). Have been there in winter, so the showers were kind of freezing (partly broken, has to be fixed!!) and tooth brushing outside with minus 9 degrees wasnt pleasant either. But the hot tea the bar offers was perfect to get me warm again ;) The toilets were clean but smelled like piss, sorry :( If the taxi driver hadnt know the hostel i would have had trouble finding it as there was no exact adress given.

Hi Inn Nanda Street