Sunny Fine

Hue, Vietnam

Even though this isn't a very social hostel in terms of meeting the other guests, you're right in the backpackers region of Hue, so you're sure to find the party somewhere else. Toan, the hostel owner, is an absolute legend. He went above and beyond to make sure not only our stay at the hostel was good, but that our short time in Hue was a trip to remember. He took time out of his busy schedule to personally show us around, and gave us one of the best experience of our whole trip. So grateful!

• 24th Nov 2015

Sac Lo Homestay and Hostel

Hoi An, Vietnam

Had an amazing stay at Sac Lo, and it was mostly thanks to the wonderful Lyna, who went above and beyond to help us out and let us know the tips and tricks of the town. The hostel is a little way out from the centre of town, but I actually really loved that, as the main area can get super touristy. Free breakfast was great, and allowed us to get to know the few others staying at the guesthouse (it's pretty small, so not many other guests). Will absolutely stay here again if I'm back in Hoi An.

• 22nd Nov 2015

Phoenix Hostel

This hostel was great for what it was worth -- I only booked 2 nights over the week and they were very cheap (although they seem to jack up the price on the weekend). The rooms were fine, they had lockers and were a good temperature, but the triple bunk beds I wasn't much of a fan of. The bar downstairs is pretty cure but there was no atmosphere, and hardly any interaction between guests. Staff were very very friendly and helpful, and location wasn't great, but the metro is not far.

• 13th Nov 2013

Hostel One Sants

Barcelona, Spain

This was my first stay in a hostel and it was a fantastic experience! The staff were not only friendly and helpful (Carlos helped me cut through my padlock into my bag when my combination got stuck), but also a lot of fun and made it much easier to make friends with other people staying in the hostel. The hostel is close to the metro station, so getting places was easy and it was extremely good value for money. Everyone was so lovely, would definitely recommend this hostel, and would go back.

• 1st Oct 2013