Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

Loved the location. Convenient that tram stops right in front. Cool atmosphere and details. Nice staff. We stayed in a double bed private ensuite. Unfortunately, we did not have hot water and the bathroom smelled weird. The staff sounded surprised that we did not have hot water, so I am guessing this is not a common occurrence. Thus, I would recommend staying at the hostel and maybe just check the hot water before you settle into a room.

Staff was friendly. Lots of stairs to reach the hostel, but this might be the norm as a lot of the residences are up the hill. We stayed in a private double bed ensuite. The ensuite was very cool. On the main floor was the kitchen and living space and on the second floor was the bedroom and bathroom.

Hostel D&D

Split, Croatia

We stayed in a double bed private ensuite. The location for the ensuite was not as I expected. It was further away from the main part of town and difficult to find at night. We could lock the door to the bedroom but could not figure out how to lock the door to the rest of the area. The room, while spacious, was dark because there was only one small window to the outside. The bathroom tub doubled as the sink and had no shower curtain. Staff was friendly.

Guesthouse Aurora Hvar

Hvar, Croatia

We stayed in a double bed private ensuite, and it was my favorite hostel of the trip (we stayed in 5). We had our own balcony with a view of the sea (obstructed in the middle but could see on the two sides). The location was awesome -- right near the center of town, but far enough away that it was a peaceful place to enjoy a drink before or after we went out. Our host was also very welcoming.

We stayed in a double bed private ensuite and the room was very nice and spacious. Although there was no air conditioning, Budapest dropped down to the low 70's/ high 60's so with a fan, the temperature was fine (we were there near the end of August). I loved the location by the Hungarian National Museum -- it was easy to walk to places, but also close to at least two metra lines (blue and red). The staff was very friendly and helpful!