Little Italy Hostel, Perugia, Italy
28th Jul 2016

Great place overall. The room was pretty cramped and made it hard to keep suitcases and such around if they don't fit in the lockers. The bathrooms were good, but just hard to keep super clean and available because so many people share the same one. But overall good hostel and I would stay there again.

Hostel Marker Dubrovnik Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia
19th Jul 2016

Pretty good hostel. Nothing spectacular, but it served it's purpose. I think it was very over priced, but that's Dubrovnik.

14th Apr 2016

Great location and the staff were nice and helpful. The showers could have been cleaner. At night, it was a total party hostel. I expected it since there's a bar attached. What I didn't expect was to hear something similar to a bowling alley above me. All hours of the night it sounded like drunk teenagers were rearranging furniture on the 3rd floor. Added to the already loud street noise, I didn't sleep hardly at all. If you can sleep through an earthquake, then I highly recommend this place.

Thanks so much for the review but we're sorry if certain aspects of our hostel might not have lived up to your expectations. As for our showers and toilets, we diligently clean them 3 times during the day and once at night. Regardless, in a hostel with 200+ beds, they do get quite a bit of use. Nonetheless, we will revisit your concerns with our housekeeping team and see what we could do to improve in this area. As for the noise coming from our 3rd floor, during your time with us, we had a rather large school group staying with us that caused a quite a few issues during their stay. We would like to apologize to you on behalf of this group and let you know, due to not just this issue but several others, they have been now barred from staying with us again. We really would like to see you again in the future so, if nothing else, we can show you this is definitely not the norm. Thanks again for your comments, all the best on your onward travels.

9th Feb 2016

8th Feb 2016

EastSeven Berlin Hostel, Berlin, Germany
28th Sep 2015

Loved this hostel. Nik was extremely nice and helpfulet even when I asked him a million questions. Nothing bad to say about it!!

Arena Hostel Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
5.7
24th Sep 2015

A bit far away from the center but luckily it's next to a metro station. Not a great atmosphere to meet people. Only one staff member was nice and helpful. One woman was even very rude to me. I dislike the cash only and duvet rental policy, but it was at least clean. But I wouldn't stay here again.

Ostello Bello Grande, Milan, Italy
22nd Sep 2015

Great hostel! It's very big and could be considered a party hostel, but the staff as awesome and the amenities were fantastic! Would definitely recommend

5 Terre Backpackers, Cinque Terre, Italy
19th Sep 2015

Francesco is such a sweet guy and a fantastic host! The dinners were amazing and the view cannot be beat! One of my new favorite places. I definitely plan on returning!

grazie mille...you are so nice ... i wait u next march ;-))))

City Hostel Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
4th Sep 2015

The hostel itself is average and nothing special for about $40USD per night, but it is also MUCH better than Hostel Geneva. For the most part, the staff was extremely unhelpful, save for the one guy from the UK.

23rd Jul 2015

21st Jul 2015

7.1
30th Nov 2014

Decent hostel. Staff was always very busy, but helpful. Could have used more bathrooms and they weren't the cleanest. I realize it is Paris, but I feel it was overpriced.

Thanks, we are pleased to see that the staff were so helpful despite all their work. We are grateful for your comments, it's evident that we are needing more attention in the bathrooms and are increasing our scheduling of cleaning. We are a little disappointed to hear that you found our value to be poor, we feel that for what we offer you will struggle to find this elsewhere.

29th Nov 2014

Nothing special except the location to the train station and airport. If staying for one night, fine. If staying for longer, don't bother.

25th Nov 2014

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in!!!

Hostel of the Sun, Naples, Italy
22nd Nov 2014

I was very nervous about staying in Naples at first. But the entire staff, Luca, Harriet, Marica, Marouene, and Bernhard instantly made me feel at home. They are all very kind, welcoming, and instantly became my friends. Not to mention all of them are a ton of fun to sit and talk with! They made my stay in Naples one to remember and I already cannot wait to go back! Do not miss out on staying at this amazing hostel! You won't regret it!!

Ulisse Deluxe, Sorrento, Italy
19th Nov 2014

Loved this place! The entire staff was very helpful and friendly. Emma definitely went above and beyond helping me with all the questions I asked her. The only downside is it lacks a little bit of an atmosphere. This is actually a hotel with a hostel in it, so it's nice if you want a few days to relax, but it's not the place to go to meet many other travelers. Other than that, it was amazing!!

Hostel Mancini, Naples, Italy
6.0
15th Nov 2014

I have never complained about the location of a hostel until now. I refused to leave after dark. Even during the day I was nervous to walk down the street. Yes, it's close to Napoi Centrale, which is the only positive about the location, but everything else about the location was horrible. Other than that, the hostel was pretty basic. The wifi didn't work in the rooms, and the lockers only fit a certain type of lock. When asked if they had extra they didn't :(

Ave Gratia Plena, Salerno, Italy
15th Nov 2014

Average hostel. They seriously need to invest in new shower heads. And the light in the bathroom is on a motion timer, be prepared to shower in the dark and have to walk into a separate area to turn the light bak on! Terrible! Other than that is was alright. Good location but nothing special.

10th Nov 2014

Small... 9 beds, 1 bathroom :( At least it was clean. Staff was maybe a little TOO friendly (I am a solo-female traveler), but it may just be Italy. Also, not 24 hour reception. Many times there is a sign on the door saying to call for check-in. Easy to find and close to the airport. At night you can hear everything from the other dorm so if there are several people in there, and you have an early flight, I wouldn't recommend it unless you can fall asleep to a lot of noise.

4th Nov 2014

Love Love Love this hostel!!

Koala Hostel, Milan, Italy
30th Oct 2014

Very difficult to find, but once you do its a good location. Staff was friendly and helpful, but it took 20 minutes to check me in. The policies were silly. They didn't let me stay in the common area to wait for my train after I checked out. Only 3 working bathrooms, and I don't think they were cleaned every day. The hostel has potential, once they get their things together. Very unorganized.

We are on Google Maps and even if we don't have a sign yet, there are panels out of the hostel that indicate where we are. We're sorry that you had to wait 20 minutes. Maybe there were many people in front of you, that day. Normal check-in lasts less than 5 minutes! After check-out you can't stay in the bedroom but you can use all common areas and also left your luggage till 7 pm. Bathrooms (together with the whole hostel) is cleaned every morning, each day. Anyway thanks for you feedback.

Sleep Easy Hostel, Verona, Italy
7.4
28th Oct 2014

Not a bad hostel. Wish they had a kitchen and took credit cards. Location was close to the city center, but seemed to be a rough neighborhood. Staff wasnt overly friendly or helpful.

Ostello S. Fosca, Venice, Italy
24th Oct 2014

Hated the early morning lockout and you have to relogin to wifi every 30 mins. Very very hard to find. Basically walk out of the train station and take a left. Follow the main road (15 mins) You will cross a small brown bridge and after will be a square with a statue. Take a left and cross the first bridge and immediately another left. Its average, but seems like they don't care about being a hostel because of the hours, policies, and lack of atmosphere. Also the breakfast is bad. Don't bother.

dear angela, we don't care about being a hostel? we offer cheap and clean accomodation in the very center of one of the most expensive city of the world, and the service we offer is clearly wirtten so everybody can read it and decide to reserve or not. if you had problems find us, this does not mean we are hard to find;it means you got lost, even if reading the indications we gave you. Venice can be confusing the first time. the manager

18th Oct 2014

Loved this hostel! Staff was amazing, very helpful and friendly!! The only thing I didn't like is they did not let my friends and I drink a bottle of wine that was not purchased at their bar, they wanted us to go out of the common garden area... I get that they are in the business of making money, but that's uncommon for other hostels I have stayed in. Otherwise, AMAZING!

13th Oct 2014

Great hostel! Staff is fantastic! Fulvio is very helpful and goes above and beyond in answering any questions you may have. The only downside is that beds are a little short, and there is only one bathroom per floor, and there is usually a line in the mornings :(

Little Big House, Thessaloniki, Greece
11th Oct 2014

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. The staff is wonderful! The only negative is the beds squeak quite a bit, but that can't really be helped.

City Circus Athens, Athens, Greece
9th Oct 2014

After staying at a nightmare of a hostel in Athens, this place was like heaven. Beds were big and comfy, good location, staff was very helpful, and breakfast was excellent. Although, I do feel it was a bit overpriced compared to the other hostels available.

Soula Hotel, Naxos, Greece
7th Oct 2014

Needed shower curtains. Off season was very quiet but during busy season I expect it would be better. Being a hotel and not a hostel, atmosphere was not great. However, Michael was very helpful and friendly. He made the stay better! Since I believe he is the only one there, security isn't great :( he is only one person

Galini Pension, Ios, Greece
5th Oct 2014

Staff was very helpful, close to the beach, but a long walk to city center. I had a private, so facilities were excellent. After hours no one is there, and it's all quite open, so security is not great, but there are locks on the doors

Fira backpackers place, Santorini, Greece
1st Oct 2014

Average hostel. Needs more bathrooms. Close to everything, staff is nice. Atmosphere is great.

Pella-Inn, Athens, Greece
5.4
27th Sep 2014

Showers were dirty, there was no blanket, just an under sheet and pillows were uncomfortable. Only good thing was location and the view.

Garden House Hostel, Porto, Portugal
19th Sep 2014

Yes! Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
15th Sep 2014

Overall, it's a decent hostel... But it is very loud. It is most definitely a party hostel. Everything else was good. Staff wasn't overly friendly but helped answer a lot of questions. Breakfast was better than average.

13th Nov 2013

Marcus and Josué rock!!!

4th Nov 2013

I stayed at this hostel for a while, and I have been lucky enough to get to talk to almost everyone on the staff. Every single one of them have been funny, kind, patient and over all amazing. I no longer feel like one of the guests, I feel as if they are genuine friends. I will never stay in a differet hostel when I am in Reykjavik. By far the best hostel I have been in.

Lagan Backpackers, Belfast, Northern Ireland
30th Oct 2013

Loved this hostel, however I did get the feeling that communication between management and employees was terrible, making it difficult to get the same answer. Also loved the breakfast!!

Jacobs Inn, Dublin, Ireland
5.7
27th Oct 2013

Will never stay here again. Only one staff member was kind, the rest felt like they were annoyed if I asked a question, and it also felt like they are trying to find any way to make money off you. Also was full of drunken 18 year olds, and groups of 12 year olds that had no supervision. Not a great mix in my opinion.

Neptunes Town Hostel, Killarney, Ireland
24th Oct 2013

Hated the showers, several of the downstairs toilets were broken. Maybe it was coincidence, but the weekend I stayed there had several tour busses full of drunken 18 year olds that were very loud. I'm not sure if I would stay again. But staff was very friendly and helpful :)

Snoozles Hostel Galway, Galway, Ireland
21st Oct 2013

Good place to stay, staff was wonderful. En suite showers could have been cleaner. I wish it was closer to the city center, but still a short walk.

Clifden Town Hostel, Clifden, Ireland
4.6
19th Oct 2013

The only good thing about this hostel was it's location. When I went to check in, there was no staff, and granted there was only one person, he was almost never there. I will say he was slightly helpful, but cleanliness was not his priority. The showers/bathrooms were gross, some barely working. The sheets looked clean, and changed, however I still woke up with small bite marks in my skin, possibly bed bugs. Do yourself a favor and splurge to stay at a B

7.4
18th Oct 2013

Derry City Independent Hostel, Derry, Northern Ireland
15th Oct 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful, atmosphere was good. could have been a bit cleaner, and the codes for security could have been better. they were not very complicated, so I did not feel as safe leaving my belongings in the room

Bath Backpackers, Bath, England
4th Oct 2013

Great location, good staff. Building is older, and smoke alarm in kitchen sets off easily. Bathrooms not on every floor and showers in basement.

Rock N Bowl Hostel, Bristol, England
2nd Oct 2013

Directions are confusing. Bowling alley is very loud. Staff is helpful.

Hatters on Newton Street, Manchester, England
5.4
1st Oct 2013

Was clean but has old facilities. I did not feel safe in the area of the city, but there was security. Very expensive for what is was. Breakfast was not impressive.

Hey thanks for your review! Our prices are not as expensive all the time! They are very much variable depending on how busy we are and what events are on in the city! You must have picked the expensive weekend! Hope you enjoyed your stay thou!

Inverness Tourist Hostel, Inverness, Scotland
25th Sep 2013

15th Sep 2013

My only complaint is that the doors slam shut, and can be difficult to sleep when that keeps happening. Other than that, everything was awesome. The staff is very friendly and all around amazing, and all are more than happy to help with any concerns. I had many questions, and everyone was very helpful and very nice. I would definitely stay here again! I cannot wait to see it when the renovations are finished!