Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Il Nosadillo

Bologna, Italy

Great hostel, very comfortable. Was quiet with few people but it was still nice, everyone was friendly.

Hostel 5 Terre

Cinque Terre, Italy

Pretty okay hostel. No kitchen access kind of sucks, especially because you have a few shops near by selling nice produce. The showers are annoying as hell with the push button/time limitation operation.

6 small rooms

Naples, Italy

Enjoyed my time here. I have no complaints at all. Staff was fellow travelers and accommodating and helpful.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Nice typical chain hostel. Some interesting facilities. Clean and well maintained.

11th Hour Hostel and Cinema

Budapest, Hungary

Good hostel. Comfortable and well located. Good value. The only problem is the subdivision of the common area into kitchen, cinema, courtyard and football table which makes for a quiet common area. Atmosphere was pretty poor unfortunately.

Pretty lame atmosphere due to the amount of massive groups coming through like it like a trainstation. Bar plays music way too loud for a hostel bar, come on! The bathroom literally flooded when someone had a shower. Doesn't drain properly.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Really nice hostel. Cool bar, lots of clean showers. The only things that could make it perfect would be a guest kitchen and the removal of the push button shower timers.

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

Quite a small hostel, limited showers/toilets but I have no problem finding a spare one. The staff were mostly lovely, especially the two Finn girls, the exception being the out of place, older Indian/Arabic man who was just an unpleasant person in general. Had the worst bunkmate ever in my rather short time I've spent in hostels, not the hostel's fault of course, and now I have a story.

Odyssee Globetrotter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Good hostel. Pretty clean, big rooms. Weird and annoying last-person-returns-dorm-key system. Should just be upgraded to modern access card system in my opinion. Also handing over ID as deposit for keys to activate kitchen appliances is a pain and the only place I have ever been to that does this.

Cocomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really nice place to stay. Staff were all friendly and helpful. I was given a good introduction to the different places to check out and see in Amsterdam by Eli. The only minor thing I can think of was that the rooms were a bit tight which made placing bags and subsequently getting things from the bags slightly difficult.

Astor Hyde Park

This was my first time in a hostel and I thought it was good fun. Really good atmosphere and most people were sociable and keen for a chat. The under bed lockers need maintenance as my one had no lock, the others need a bit of oiling as they are loud.