• Germany, Female, 25-30
Hotel Elbe, Frankfurt, Germany
19th Aug 2013

My stay at the hotel was very pleasant. It's clean, in good condition and I got a late check out even though I had asked for this only 'last minute'. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and quiet. Yes, it is near the red light district BUT there's a super-easy way to avoid it: when you come from the train station DON'T go through "Taunusstrasse" as google maps recommends! Take "Kaiserstrasse" parallel to it, a normal street that sometimes even has a street market. Problem solved:-)

• Germany, Female, 25-30
The Old Palace Guesthouse, Brighton, England
6.6
13th Aug 2013

The stay would have been really nice,however they sent a dodgy email in advance asking for my credit card security number. I Icalled them up and the girl who worked there didn't even know the manager's name! Over the next two days, I got harrassed by the manager that they'd give away my room if I don't give them the security number, and they'd only stop when I complained to hostelworld.Therefore low rating on staff/security A shame,if this hadn't happened I would have rated them highly!