• USA, Male, 25-30
Kilronan Hostel, Aran Islands, Ireland
28th Mar 2016

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed at. You cannot beat the location - Upon arriving on the island, you can see the hostel from the Ferry Docks. It's close to various shops, pubs, and convenient stores (but be warned, most stores close at 5pm). The staff is friendly and we were able to rent bikes from them to tour the island with. Being on a small island, you would think the prices would be exorbitant, but they are right in line with other hostels around Ireland.

Khaosan Tokyo Samurai, Tokyo, Japan
7.7
12th Dec 2014

Khaosan Tokyo Origami, Tokyo, Japan
7th Dec 2014

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
10th Sep 2013

Frank's was the best hostel that I have stayed at to date. The staff were very friendly & informative whenever we had any questions. The free tour and the pub crawl were great. I cannot recommend them enough.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
ZigZag Hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
7.1
6th Sep 2013

Felt very secure because the staff would lock the door and go to bed, therefor locking us out of the hostel two nights in a row. It happens though. Aside from that, the staff was friendly.

Hello Cory! We have taken into account your remarks and made the keys to enter the building for our guests. Hopefully, next time it will never happen with you. Thank you!

Funky Mamaliga Hostel, Chisinau, Moldova
6.6
3rd Sep 2013

There was only one shower that was often utilized by the other guests. The hostel staff would also go to bed without giving us a key to the gate, locking us out for a short period of time. Aside from that the hostel was great and in a good location.

Dear Cory, There is a bell that you can always ring just on the gate door. The gate is closed only very late at night for your own safety.

5.4
30th Aug 2013

The hostel was undergoing major renovation during my stay. Wood dust everywhere, beds placed on palettes, etc... Despite being located in a good spot in Sofia, it was not worth it to stay in a place like this. I would've spent an extra couple of bucks to stay in a completely finished hostel.

Youth Hostel Anna, Santorini, Greece
21st Aug 2013

They kept me in the 10 person bunk for a few nights extra instead of switching me to the 14 person bunk like my reservation said.

SOHO, Athens, Greece
7.1
14th Aug 2013

Located in a not so good part of Athens, but for the value, you get over that fact very quickly. I frequented a local Falafel & Gyro place right down the road and it was amazing and very cheap (1Euro). The staff were very helpful in replacing the completely broken shower head. The free coffee was also a great perk of staying there, even though there was no continental breakfast for some extra Euro as they advertised. If I am in Athens again, I would stay here.

Hostel Frat House, Split, Croatia
8th Aug 2013

Excellent place to stay in Split. Don't let the name fool you, it was a great place to stay for a night while I was in Split. Even after I had to check out, the staff allowed me to hang around the living room to use the wifi, chat with their friends, play video games, and drink a beer. The most welcoming and friendly staff I have ever met at a hostel. Also, the host's English was great. Looking forward to returning to Split and staying here again.