Reviews: LewisWebster

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Clink261

Good breakfast :) bar is at their sister hostel, location excellent. Average atmosphere, lots of school children when I was there.

It's difficult to describe this hostel. Technically it's not a hostel but a guesthouse as it's difficult to be registered as a hostel in the city of Florence. The location is excellent. However, the hostel is not staffed all the time, only 2 hours daily. There's a nice kitchen but no utensils, so a bit pointless. No lockers either! It wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed in but I wouldn't return should I find myself in Florence again.

Sofia Hostel

Milan, Italy

Unfortunately I was robbed on arrival to Milan at the Central Metro Station. However, the hostel staff were very helpful and supportive. Then to add to my bad luck I was struck down with d & v after one nights stay. However, Jerry who seemed to be the main member of staff at the hostel was very very helpful. He moved me downstairs in order to keep an eye of me.

Generator Venice

Venice, Italy

Venice is probably the most expensive city in Italy, so that's an important factor to remember. This hostel is beautiful. A former grain mill beautifully converted. Although, it's on Giudecca as opposed to the main island, I wouldn't say this is necessarily a bad thing, the vaporetta is cheap (BUY A ROLLING VENICE CARD IF UNDER 24 ONLY 24 EURO FOR 72HRS). Super cheap supermarket just down the street, 99c bottle of vodka and 2 euro wine! :O

St Christopher's Camden

Very friendly staff. Lively bar down stairs. FREE laundry facilities downstairs including iron and ironing board! Great location just a two minute walk from Mornington Crescent Tube station. Cheap - well it was when I went. Plenty of entertainment on site and advice in order to enjoy all that London has to offer.

HostelPoint Brighton

Brighton, England

Under renovation during my stay due to it being off season. A former St. Christopher's Hostel. Brilliant location right on the seafront. All dorms are "en-suite" so no awkward dashing down random corridors in a towel. Paid approx £9.50 for the night and I checked out 30 minutes late and they took my £10 security deposit bit harsh if you ask me.

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Usually I'm very brief with my reviews, but Travellers House is worthy of a bit of extra time and effort. TH states that it is run by and for travellers. I can confirm this IS in fact true! The location is excellent! The staff are excellent! The selection, variety

MidTown Hostel

Nottingham, England

Excellent location, friendly staff. Free tea and coffee available, communal lounge and kitchen.

Living Mad Hostel

Madrid, Spain

- Doors / Lockers- are difficult to get into (Key Card Access, with weird turn / twist blah) , but once you get the knack to them they're OK. - Bedrooms - cramped, sweaty and dark, making it one of the worst hostel dorms I've stayed in. - Bathrooms - opposite side on my floor, also, hooks for the clothes / towels are on the opposite side and the storing clothes etc, generally ill equipped. Although, the water pressure and temp is excellent. - Hostel is in an ideal location.

We are glad that you managed to get the hang of the doors/lockers, we have staff that are always willing to help you learn if you need assistance. We are sorry that you did not find the rooms to your liking, we will take your comments into account to see what we can do in order to make future visits even better! We are also in love with the location of our hostel. We hope that if you find yourself in Madrid again you will return to us here at Mad!

Equity Point Centric

Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location on the Passeig de Gràcia, so central and only a stones throw from Casa Batllo. The facilities are ok, but the upstairs bar was shut when I went, only open is summer apparently. However, overall a good stay, I'd go back to this hostel again if I found myself back in Barcelona. :)

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

No proper sign to mark the hostel, you have to ring the doorbell every time you want to get in. It's like a squat! They don't change the bed sheets after each guest. No security for each dorm or lockers! Awful awful awful! Avoid at all costs.

Brussels Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

Check in is at another hostel. But the Grand Place is in a great location, it's quite high spec fixtures and fittings in dorms. The hostel has been refurbished but remains incomplete. The hostel is not staffed ( to save money) the cleaner is super rude. Also, if you don't have a padlock?! Be prepared to be forced to buy one.

Location great! Montmartre is where real Paris is. View of the Sacre Tour from the terrace, property has a lot of character. However, tiny lockers in the dorms, also, the staff didn't seem very tourist friends, local info was like getting blood out of a stone

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

Over priced, more of a bar with a hostel upstairs as an afterthought. Strange part of town where you be grabbed by prostitutes and offered drugs, seriously question if it's really worth you going to Zurich before booking.

We offer the cheapest deal in central Zurich area, you pay for tree drinks in a bar the same as you pay for a a night with breakfast buffet. Zurich is expensive, the hostel is cheap... I was never grabbed by prostitutes in Zurich ... maybe they say hello, but just Keep on Walking and DONT stop!

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

Great location but they try to make you pay extra for everything e.g you can't lend a lock you have to rent one. Generally a bit of a cash cow.

Hostel Prague Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

Helpful staff great location. :D

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Amazing staff and location! Would definitely go back.

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Poor location, lack of atmosphere.