Reviews: LewisWebster

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 23

Kamalion Hostel

Pereira, Colombia

Nice, modern and clean hostel above a bar in the heart of the fashionable nightlife district area of Pereria. Comfortable beds and huge lockers. Helpful staff too.

• 9th Aug 2015

Hostal Fatima

Bogota, Colombia

Really helpful and happy staff. Good showers and great atmosphere. It can be a little noisey but not too bad. Good breakfast and coffee. I would stay here again, better that the hostel I stayed in prior to Fatima.

• 5th Aug 2015

Swiss Hostal Martinik

Bogota, Colombia

Rock hard beds incl. pillow. Freezing cold rooms and hostel overall. Noisy road with no sound proofing. Don't expect a decent sleep here. Breakfast - you might as well have not bothered, bread with cheap cornflakes. Staff spoke little English and cared little about helping you make the most of the city. Other visitors were miserable too, atmosphere was horrendous. So depressing and cold. Don't stay here unless you're absolutely desperate. I imagine this place was good in it's hey day.

• 1st Aug 2015

Suites DF Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

I was just passing through on this occasion as I had to fly from GUA to CDX to get to BOG. Anyway the hostel is ideally located 30 seconds from Reforma. It's clean with good showers, although the head was non existent. The night cleaner was spot on! Very helpful in regard to me getting a taxi to the airport.

• 31st Jul 2015

El Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Amazing breakfast incl. The coffee , selection of options and made to order. Staff are super friendly and helpful - they really make the effort to learn your name and get to know you. Happy hour everyday. Beautiful and clean hostel, central location near some cool bars and restaurants. Hot showers! 100% recommend staying here. You will not regret.

• 28th Jul 2015

Mikaso Hotel y Restaurante

Lake Atitlan, Guatemala

Beautiful panoramic views of the lake from the terrace. Beautiful views of the lake from the dorm room. Hot tubs and two bars. Not a party place, good for couples or groups not so much the solo traveler,unless you like purely your own company.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Globetrotter

Coffee & tea readily available 24/7. COLD like ice cold drinkin water available 24/7. Excellent staff even the security staff that spoke little English go out of their way to help. Lovely rooms, incl. good size lockers, hot showers & AIR CONDITIONING! Dorms no bigger than 4 people. Nice swimming pool & beautiful little garden at the back. Also, scuba diving opportunities! Did not expect that I would do that,it as great, personally a bit terrifying but the instructor was v. Patient. Stay here!

• 17th Jul 2015

Nomadas

Merida, Mexico

Bit awkward to find at first due to Mérida 's street grid system. However, super friendly staff, nice pool and lots of activities from Yoga to cooking.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Globetrotter

Lots of activities on offer: walking tours, cave tours, waterfall tours, street art tours. Beautiful roof terrace, super friendly and enthusiastic staff.

• 6th Apr 2015

Clink261

Good breakfast :) bar is at their sister hostel, location excellent. Average atmosphere, lots of school children when I was there.

• 28th Feb 2015

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Beautiful and clean hostel in the centre of Rome, lots of activities on offer.

• 16th Jan 2015

Hostel Mancini

Naples, Italy

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Globetrotter

It's difficult to describe this hostel. Technically it's not a hostel but a guesthouse as it's difficult to be registered as a hostel in the city of Florence. The location is excellent. However, the hostel is not staffed all the time, only 2 hours daily. There's a nice kitchen but no utensils, so a bit pointless. No lockers either! It wasn't the worst hostel I've stayed in but I wouldn't return should I find myself in Florence again.

• 11th Jan 2015

Sofia Hostel

Milan, Italy

Unfortunately I was robbed on arrival to Milan at the Central Metro Station. However, the hostel staff were very helpful and supportive. Then to add to my bad luck I was struck down with d & v after one nights stay. However, Jerry who seemed to be the main member of staff at the hostel was very very helpful. He moved me downstairs in order to keep an eye of me.

• 9th Jan 2015

Generator Venice

Venice, Italy

Venice is probably the most expensive city in Italy, so that's an important factor to remember. This hostel is beautiful. A former grain mill beautifully converted. Although, it's on Giudecca as opposed to the main island, I wouldn't say this is necessarily a bad thing, the vaporetta is cheap (BUY A ROLLING VENICE CARD IF UNDER 24 ONLY 24 EURO FOR 72HRS). Super cheap supermarket just down the street, 99c bottle of vodka and 2 euro wine! :O

• 6th Jan 2015

St Christopher's Camden

Very friendly staff. Lively bar down stairs. FREE laundry facilities downstairs including iron and ironing board! Great location just a two minute walk from Mornington Crescent Tube station. Cheap - well it was when I went. Plenty of entertainment on site and advice in order to enjoy all that London has to offer.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Globetrotter

hello, thank you for such a great review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hostel. Your kind words are very much appreciated. Our international staff love their jobs and they always try to help if they can. We are happy that you liked our free facilities. The most of our guests love the fact that we are situated right in the heart of all the action in Camden. Hope to see you again. SCInn Camden team

HostelPoint Brighton

Brighton, England

Under renovation during my stay due to it being off season. A former St. Christopher's Hostel. Brilliant location right on the seafront. All dorms are "en-suite" so no awkward dashing down random corridors in a towel. Paid approx £9.50 for the night and I checked out 30 minutes late and they took my £10 security deposit bit harsh if you ask me.

• 11th Dec 2014

Travellers House

Lisbon, Portugal

Usually I'm very brief with my reviews, but Travellers House is worthy of a bit of extra time and effort. TH states that it is run by and for travellers. I can confirm this IS in fact true! The location is excellent! The staff are excellent! The selection, variety

• 10th Sep 2014

MidTown Hostel

Nottingham, England

Excellent location, friendly staff. Free tea and coffee available, communal lounge and kitchen.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Living Mad Hostel

Madrid, Spain

- Doors / Lockers- are difficult to get into (Key Card Access, with weird turn / twist blah) , but once you get the knack to them they're OK. - Bedrooms - cramped, sweaty and dark, making it one of the worst hostel dorms I've stayed in. - Bathrooms - opposite side on my floor, also, hooks for the clothes / towels are on the opposite side and the storing clothes etc, generally ill equipped. Although, the water pressure and temp is excellent. - Hostel is in an ideal location.

• 7th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

We are glad that you managed to get the hang of the doors/lockers, we have staff that are always willing to help you learn if you need assistance. We are sorry that you did not find the rooms to your liking, we will take your comments into account to see what we can do in order to make future visits even better! We are also in love with the location of our hostel. We hope that if you find yourself in Madrid again you will return to us here at Mad!

Equity Point Centric

Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location on the Passeig de Gràcia, so central and only a stones throw from Casa Batllo. The facilities are ok, but the upstairs bar was shut when I went, only open is summer apparently. However, overall a good stay, I'd go back to this hostel again if I found myself back in Barcelona. :)

• 19th Jan 2014

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

• 26th Sep 2013

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

No proper sign to mark the hostel, you have to ring the doorbell every time you want to get in. It's like a squat! They don't change the bed sheets after each guest. No security for each dorm or lockers! Awful awful awful! Avoid at all costs.

• 25th Sep 2013

Brussels Hostel Grand Place

Brussels, Belgium

Check in is at another hostel. But the Grand Place is in a great location, it's quite high spec fixtures and fittings in dorms. The hostel has been refurbished but remains incomplete. The hostel is not staffed ( to save money) the cleaner is super rude. Also, if you don't have a padlock?! Be prepared to be forced to buy one.

• 24th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Location great! Montmartre is where real Paris is. View of the Sacre Tour from the terrace, property has a lot of character. However, tiny lockers in the dorms, also, the staff didn't seem very tourist friends, local info was like getting blood out of a stone

• 21st Sep 2013

Langstars

Zurich, Switzerland

Over priced, more of a bar with a hostel upstairs as an afterthought. Strange part of town where you be grabbed by prostitutes and offered drugs, seriously question if it's really worth you going to Zurich before booking.

• 20th Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

We offer the cheapest deal in central Zurich area, you pay for tree drinks in a bar the same as you pay for a a night with breakfast buffet. Zurich is expensive, the hostel is cheap... I was never grabbed by prostitutes in Zurich ... maybe they say hello, but just Keep on Walking and DONT stop!

Jaeger's Munich

Munich, Germany

Great location but they try to make you pay extra for everything e.g you can't lend a lock you have to rent one. Generally a bit of a cash cow.

• 18th Sep 2013

Hostel Prague Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

Helpful staff great location. :D

• 15th Sep 2013

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Amazing staff and location! Would definitely go back.

• 12th Sep 2013

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Poor location, lack of atmosphere.

• 9th Sep 2013