Reviews: BenG1987

Location Australia, Gender Male, Age 29

ACBB Hostel Niagara, Niagara Falls, Canada
11th Aug 2013

Great Hostel - It was such a pleasure to be welcomed by the staff who were SO knowledgable on Niagara and surrounding area. The manager is a huge information machine about Canada in general - he helped me in huge amounts for my cross Canada trip. It's rare to find staff who will, and enjoy, going completely out of their way to make your stay amazing. Bed very comfortable, multiple kitchens and bathrooms to choose from, 5 mins walk to the falls, would, and am going to stay there again. Thankyou!

All Days Hostel, Toronto, Canada
6.9
10th Aug 2013

An average experience. Good things: hostel was clean, & quiet at night. Bedding & towels provided. Free wifi works in all rooms & lockers to lock valuables. Poor things: The staff on reception had no idea about Toronto, ie; things to recommend, prices of ferries, didn't give me a map or tell me anything, I had to ask everything. Wrong directions for subway given. VERY unhelpful & not a good start. If you have a car, you can't park it on the street you must pay for parking. Wouldn't stay again.

The New York Loft Hostel, New York, USA
3rd Jul 2013

Good hostel with great outdoor area. LARGE breakfast options. Wifi strong. Bed's comfortable. Thankyou

Halifax Backpackers, Halifax, Canada
6th Jun 2013

Hostel is great - be sure to make an effort to get to know the staff. It is a small hostel and can be easy to hide in your room. Staff have a fantastic knowledge of Halifax - and will happily take you out and show you around (bars pubs live bands etc). Kitchen is small - but works for this hostel. The ONLY downside is that there is no common room with tv as such, there is a small lounge area outside the kitchen. But on the plus side under the hostel is a wicked cafe with insane wifi and brownies

SameSun Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada
2nd Jun 2013

Great hostel. What I liked: Facilities are abundant, wifi strong, close to: public transport, food shops, booze shops, fast food, shopping centres. Rooms are small mostly 4 or 6 bed which I prefer. Wifi easily accessible from bed. Each bed has shelf and reading light. Free breakfasts were simple but adequate (toast, bagels, spreads, juice, tea/coffee). Showers HOT and STRONG (v important) What would I change? Possibly continue breakfast for a little longer (finish 9:30am). That's about it.

Hi Ben, Glad you had an awesome time here! Hope we see you again. Cheers Tim General Manager

15th Jan 2011

Incredible hostel! The Naughty Squirrel has a great location, less than 1min walk to pubs,bars,restaurants & galleria central, & possibly the best staff of any hostel in Europe. Continually going out of their way to make sure every1 makes the most of their time in Riga, pointing out historic spots to visit, or the awesome nightclubs to go to. The staff will share a shot or watch a movie with u, take u dog sledding,bobsledding & AK-47 shooting, or even take u out to dinner. We will def be back! x

Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
6.7
26th Sep 2010

Kensal Green Backpackers, London, England
6.0
24th Sep 2010

decent hostel, far out location. TERRIBLE BED BUGS!!! i got absoutely smashed by them. staff didnt seem to care at all when i brought it to their attention. needs fumigation big time. not reccommended.

Hostel Lozanni, Athens, Greece
8.0
16th Jul 2010

It was a fine place to stay for us 2 guys travelling. We are backpackers so the walking didn't phase us - bit of exercise really. In regards to hookers standing outside on the street - in fairness they never bothered anyone going in or out of the hotel. I would stay here again, it was a good price which is top of our list, clean comfortable beds, and just pretty chilled out.

Greg & Tom Party Hostel, Krakow, Poland
15th Jan 2010

Hands down BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! I booked one night and ended up staying 3 weeks. G&T junior has the most vibrant and awesome staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have been twice to this hostel and will be returning 100% in my future travels. I've been to some good and some bad hostels, but I literally cannot speak highly enough of Greg & Tom Junior. Love you guys!

Hostel One Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
8th Jan 2010

I absolutely loved Hostel One! Best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are incredibly warm, friendly and helpful. The hostel has a great location in a more residential sort of area only 10-15 minutes walk to the heart of the old town. This means that the prices of surrounding cafes/resturants and the like are surprisingly cheaper. I originally went to Prague for 3 days and didn't leave for 18! I have visited Prague and Hostel One 3 times now & cannot speak highly enough of it. Ben (Aussie)

St Christopher's Berlin, Berlin, Germany
9.3
28th Dec 2009

Great Stay! we loved it!! we will only stay there when we go back to berlin. looooove the bar! staff so fun and friendly and very imformative on anything we needed to know. ps. try the free walking tours! ben and sam - Australia