Reviews: BenG1987

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 27

ACBB Hostel Niagara

Niagara Falls, Canada

Great Hostel - It was such a pleasure to be welcomed by the staff who were SO knowledgable on Niagara and surrounding area. The manager is a huge information machine about Canada in general - he helped me in huge amounts for my cross Canada trip. It's rare to find staff who will, and enjoy, going completely out of their way to make your stay amazing. Bed very comfortable, multiple kitchens and bathrooms to choose from, 5 mins walk to the falls, would, and am going to stay there again. Thankyou!

• 11th Aug 2013

All Days

Toronto, Canada

An average experience. Good things: hostel was clean, & quiet at night. Bedding & towels provided. Free wifi works in all rooms & lockers to lock valuables. Poor things: The staff on reception had no idea about Toronto, ie; things to recommend, prices of ferries, didn't give me a map or tell me anything, I had to ask everything. Wrong directions for subway given. VERY unhelpful & not a good start. If you have a car, you can't park it on the street you must pay for parking. Wouldn't stay again.

• 10th Aug 2013

Jazz on Amsterdam Avenue

New York, USA

Location worked out well -easy to catch the subway anywhere. The reception staff were more interested in watching YouTube videos than actually answering my questions (frustrating) - which needed to be asked as the hostel does not provide wifi unless you would like to pay for it via credit card. The breakfast offered was only bagels and cream cheese, nothing else. Rooms air-conditioned which was excellent. Very expensive for what it was - should have listened to other reviews and booked a HOTEL.

• 4th Jul 2013

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

Good hostel with great outdoor area. LARGE breakfast options. Wifi strong. Bed's comfortable. Thankyou

• 3rd Jul 2013

Halifax Backpackers

Halifax, Canada

Hostel is great - be sure to make an effort to get to know the staff. It is a small hostel and can be easy to hide in your room. Staff have a fantastic knowledge of Halifax - and will happily take you out and show you around (bars pubs live bands etc). Kitchen is small - but works for this hostel. The ONLY downside is that there is no common room with tv as such, there is a small lounge area outside the kitchen. But on the plus side under the hostel is a wicked cafe with insane wifi and brownies

• 6th Jun 2013

Great hostel. What I liked: Facilities are abundant, wifi strong, close to: public transport, food shops, booze shops, fast food, shopping centres. Rooms are small mostly 4 or 6 bed which I prefer. Wifi easily accessible from bed. Each bed has shelf and reading light. Free breakfasts were simple but adequate (toast, bagels, spreads, juice, tea/coffee). Showers HOT and STRONG (v important) What would I change? Possibly continue breakfast for a little longer (finish 9:30am). That's about it.

• 2nd Jun 2013

Hi Ben, Glad you had an awesome time here! Hope we see you again. Cheers Tim General Manager

Incredible hostel! The Naughty Squirrel has a great location, less than 1min walk to pubs,bars,restaurants & galleria central, & possibly the best staff of any hostel in Europe. Continually going out of their way to make sure every1 makes the most of their time in Riga, pointing out historic spots to visit, or the awesome nightclubs to go to. The staff will share a shot or watch a movie with u, take u dog sledding,bobsledding & AK-47 shooting, or even take u out to dinner. We will def be back! x

• 15th Jan 2011

Smart Russell Square

• 26th Sep 2010

Hostel 639

decent hostel, far out location. TERRIBLE BED BUGS!!! i got absoutely smashed by them. staff didnt seem to care at all when i brought it to their attention. needs fumigation big time. not reccommended.

• 24th Sep 2010

Hostel Lozanni

Athens, Greece

It was a fine place to stay for us 2 guys travelling. We are backpackers so the walking didn't phase us - bit of exercise really. In regards to hookers standing outside on the street - in fairness they never bothered anyone going in or out of the hotel. I would stay here again, it was a good price which is top of our list, clean comfortable beds, and just pretty chilled out.

• 16th Jul 2010

Greg & Tom Party Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Hands down BEST hostel I have ever stayed in! I booked one night and ended up staying 3 weeks. G&T junior has the most vibrant and awesome staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. I have been twice to this hostel and will be returning 100% in my future travels. I've been to some good and some bad hostels, but I literally cannot speak highly enough of Greg & Tom Junior. Love you guys!

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I absolutely loved Hostel One! Best hostel I have ever stayed in! The staff are incredibly warm, friendly and helpful. The hostel has a great location in a more residential sort of area only 10-15 minutes walk to the heart of the old town. This means that the prices of surrounding cafes/resturants and the like are surprisingly cheaper. I originally went to Prague for 3 days and didn't leave for 18! I have visited Prague and Hostel One 3 times now & cannot speak highly enough of it. Ben (Aussie)

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great Stay! we loved it!! we will only stay there when we go back to berlin. looooove the bar! staff so fun and friendly and very imformative on anything we needed to know. ps. try the free walking tours! ben and sam - Australia