Shakara Garden

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great place with the best dorms ever (5 beds no bunk beds) and lovely garden with hammock and pond. Staff tried to be friendly in the beginning. However, as soon as they realised that I booked a trekking tour through a cheaper agency other than the hostel things changed. They don't allow to leave your luggage in that case. I met a few awesome people, but the hostel is also full of drunk bogans and Brits. I reckon that the atmosphere would improve if the hostel wouldn't sell alcohol.

Nature's Way House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Staff was not friendly or helpful, they let me wait for hours. They did not have or sell drinking water, the beds were *** and noisy. Also it was so cold in the room at night that I didn't sleep. I don't know why this hostel is called Nature's way, I didn't see any nature or natural thing in the hostel. However, breakfast was good - expensive but good.

Pinisi Backpacker

Bandung, Indonesia

Best hostel I've stayed in in Java. Heaps of info about the area and sightseeing, great breakfast, free water, showers, very friendly staff. Their laundry service is really expensive though so I washed clothes in the shower and they even gave me a laundry rack.

OstiC House

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Great room with AC and good wi-fi. Due to a broken bus I arrived at 2 AM rather than the promised 7 pm. However, the staff was still there waiting for me with a sandwich and breakfast. So lovely! Location is good, rooms are nice, can't say anything about the bed because I went straight to the Borobudur temple but I would definitely go back to this hostel if I was in Jogja again.

Gandhi Hostel

Denpasar, Indonesia

Home at The Mansion

Melbourne, Australia

Nomads All Nations

Melbourne, Australia

I would never recommend this hostel to anyone. The building is extremely cold, there is no heating anywhere and I was shivering all night. Also the showers were terribly cold. The staff was indifferent, the longtermers were unfriendly and there was a horrible smell everywhere - mostly cigarette smoke, but also the kitchen smelled really bad and the toilets stank. It was a terrible first time in the city. There are much better, friendlier hostels in better neighbourhoods of the city!

Hi, Sorry for your experience. we are an awesome hostel and we are ready to help. Hope to see you another time to improve! Cheers Nomads Management

Bed´nBudget Hostel Hannover

Hannover, Germany

This hostel is more like a sleeping factory... Really no atmosphere at all. The hostel was full of teenagers running around, sneaking into each other's room or something. Beside that I was woken up in the middle of the night by someone who was checked into our room while all beds were already booked. Like that is my problem. I'm never going to a Meininger factory again.

H2ohostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

Hostel was ok. Had to share 1 shower with many others and the kitchen was pretty poor. However, the bed slept great and it's a nice location, alongside the river with a supermarket nearby.

My Way Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

The hostel only just opened, and maybe they should've fixed some more things before the opening. There were no locks on the bathroom, no wi-fi, no trash cans in the room, no reading light, but mostly: no locks on the hostel and dormitory doors... Basically anyone could just walk in.. It was really cheap though and the place has potential, in a month or so it might be way better.

Cocoon Hostel

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Note that the hostel is far from both the city center and the busstation (both 30 min walk). Thus 33 euros for a bed was really expensive, especially in Croatia... Other than that the hostel was fine, but i think that there are better hostel deals to be found in Dubrovnik.

Hostel Sunseekers

Split, Croatia

Great hostel, lovely staff. Met some nice people here and really enjoyed the airconditioning! Only con is that there are only 2 showers so sometimes you have to wait a little. No kitchen but there's a fridge and water cooker. Would definitely recommend this hostel!