Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in - no bunk beds and showers and toilets in the dorm rooms. Rooftop terrace was a really fun place to hang out with other guests, and staff was so friendly.

Canape Connection

Sofia, Bulgaria

Wonderful place to stay! Short walk to major sights, and just a few blocks from a Main Street lined with cafes and bars. Staff was excellent, and so helpful, and the atmosphere was wonderful, so guests felt really at home: it was like hanging around with all your friends!

Friends Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

This hostel is nothing special, but it was a fine place to stay a few days. When I was there no one used the common room so it was not easy to meet people, and though its close to the train station it's quite far from the center

Old Town Brasov Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Staff was really unfriendly and not helpful- they actually made me feel uncomfortable sitting in the common room by not acknowledging me at all, and in the mornings I had to wake someone up to check out. Toilets never flushed and garbages were overflowing. One of the worst places I've stayed.

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

One of the best hostels I've stayed at. The staff are so friendly and helpful, it's in a perfect location, just a few minutes' walk from all the major sites, and the atmosphere was perfect; like sitting around a table with all your friends. I will definitely come back.

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

Great hostel, just outside the old town and a short walk to the castle! Loved the environment - lots of people always around.

Do Step Inn

Vienna, Austria

The hostel is set about a block and a half from the hotel where the staff work, so it's inconvenient if you have an issue. Also when I got there and checked in, they told me they were too busy and I should come back later to have my questions answered. I didn't find them helpful or welcoming at all.

Hostel Merlin

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Staff did nothing to make the stay enjoyable, and it was very slow- hardly anyone around.

Old Prague Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Staff were sometimes helpful, but other times I would ask them a question they didn't know the answer to and they would make no effort to find out! A lot of young people staying here (high school age).

Krakow Backpackers Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The stay was fine, but nothing special. The hostel is very close to old town which would be wonderful but it is in a building with a lot of construction and set back behind an alley so very hard to find! You need to put up some signs! Staff was somewhat helpful, but did not go out of their way.

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Location was great... At the top of the main street so a good starting point for exploring. Helpful staff and delicious breakfast :) lots of good bars and restaurants around too.

Home Made House

Vilnius, Lithuania

Best place I've ever stayed, hands down. The owner is the most amazing woman who genuinely wants her guests to enjoy Vilnius and goes out of her way to get them to spend time in the city together and with her. I will definitely be returning.

R Hostel

Kaunas, Lithuania

Great base to explore the old town, as the hostel is located at the top of the major street. When I was there it was very empty - only a few other people there so it was a little weird. Also the laundry facilities are much too expensive!

Riga Hostel

Riga, Latvia

Great place to stay! The staff are so friendly and helpful, and it's located just outside the old town, right across the street from the train station and not too far from the bus station. The atmosphere is great too, lots of people using the common area and in the kitchen, so easy to meet people!

Terviseks

Tartu, Estonia

I was only here one night but enjoyed it. It's right in the main square so easy to get to sights and restaurants in town, but was very noisy outside all night as there are many bars on the street. Staff was not too helpful and no one was even at the desk when I left in the morning.

GIDIC Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Loved this hostel! Although it's not right in Old Town, it's only a short and easy walk away, and very close to the bus station, and within easy walking distance of the airport. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful, and atmosphere was wonderful: lots of people around in the common area, which was great as I was traveling alone. Beds had curtains so a lot of privacy, even in the large dorm room. Would definitely return here! Thanks for a great stay!