One of my favorite hostels I've stayed at around the world. I was greeted by name as I walked in (they deduced who was checking in that day and what time). The bar downstairs is quaint and nice. And, I didn't feel it added noise to my stay at all, just ambiance. There were several levels of security/locked doors, which was nice. I know a few other reviews mentioned the fact that they didn't like that there wasn't a common area. But, I felt the rooms had nice amenities that made up for that.

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and liked what we had to offer, thank you for your comments.

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

It is lovelier inside than even the pictures made it look. It was just really airy and homey inside. Really good location near lots of stations and cool things to do. Great kitchen area, although I didn't use it. But it made me wish I was staying there a long time so I could cook. But was most striking was how great the staff were when I checked in. She easily spent over 30 minutes with me describing the city layout, good prices for things, her favorite places, etc. just really above and beyond.

Volunteer Hostel Cartagena

Cartagena, Colombia

Super clean. And the staff seems to be there most of the day cleaning, including all the rooms. Locked drawers in the room, but they're quite small. Beds and room are fine. Staff are nice, but I really wanted to volunteer and my requests for that (before my trip & when I arrived) were just brushed off. My roommate said the same. There was a nice common area, but it wasn't used a lot. Didn't really get to meet people until my last night. Doesn't seem like a place to socialize.

Luna's Castle Hostel

Panama City, Panama

I only marked "good" for facilities because the toilets were out of TP for hours. All other facilities were great. But at 4am when j woke up in the middle of the night desperately needing to use the "facilities", I had to go to 5 stalls before I found any with TP. And when I went before going to sleep, the stall I was in was out. So they were out for quite awhile. That was awful. But otherwise, they are wonderful. Very clean. Rooms are great. Fun atmosphere, but I still had tons of privacy.

Hotel Central Station

Milan, Italy

Super convenient to the train station. There are multiple levels of security in the building. And the man working the all night shift was super nice. There isn't really anything else in the area if you're looking for even something mellow. I just wanted a simple glass of wine, I was given a bottle and a Dixie cup and shooed out of a nearby restaurant.

Hotel des Mines

Paris, France

Know that this is not a hostel at all. Just a regular hotel. It is very close to the metro station Luxembourg. I was quickly able to walk to the Latin quarter. Nice breakfast in the morning...more than just coffee and bread.

St Christopher's Camden

Love having the bar underneath. Stated at a couple places on my travels with a bar downstairs. This one was not noisy. I couldn't hear Znything downstairs, if that bothers you. It was so well situated. One day I started walking south and ended up walking all the way to battersea. It's just so well located. Nice having a shower

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

Itaca Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

It was great hostel in the objective sense. I would recommend it highly for young folks. I felt like I was quite ostracized. I'm quite social and I definitely made the effort to talk to others, but the young boys were only interested in talking with the young girls and they gave me these very not-so-nice, not-on-your-life lady looks. I just brushed it off, but it was definitely a hook up environment. But, everything else was great, especially staff.

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Wonderful location. Liked the room setup. 2-floor rooms. Beds upstairs, toilet

Ethic Etapes Dijon

Dijon, France

It's on the edges of the city. So know there is absolutely nothing around there. But about 15minutes to the city centre. The tram is fast. It's an odd set up. I felt I was in a big gym in the bottom floor. The rooms were ok. 4 beds with a shower

Kyriad Design Enzo

Reims, France

This place is far. I mean really really far from anything. It's in some industrial zone. There is some cafeteria thing about 10minutes away. And it was weird. Great value. But for the inconvenience, I'm not sure. Everyone else was driving. Not really a hostel at all. Really just a regular hotel. Also, they didn't have my reservation from hostelworld. I had to pay the full price

Charlie Rockets

Bruges, Belgium

It is a great location. So close to everything. Right above a really fun bar with great happy hour deals, that is always hopping with people drinking. They are open late, so if you are bothered by the bar noise, maybe not for you. I loved it. The facility was great for the price. Clean enough. The security was lacking. The whole front of the bar/hostel completely opens up. And there are no locks on the doors leading up to the rooms. Anyone could just walk up if they really desired. Butroomslock

Hotel Mirabeau

Brussels, Belgium

Sandeman Allen

Can't really say much for the atmosphere. I was only there 1 night

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

Definitely great value. Place was much better than expected. While nothing to do with the staff or facility, the night I was there one of the male guests in my room got up in the middle of the night while naked and peed on another girl in our room's luggage and bed. Just be aware of other guests!

The Parador

Belfast, Northern Ireland

It's a bit out of town. Several miles, I'd guess. There's a bus that goes from city centre right there. But it was still a ways. I liked the place. Folks were nice, especially the locals. They really took care of me. It's above a bar. So even though I went to bed late (like 130am), it was still noisy for awhile. That doesn't bother me at all, but it might others.